Question from demonicshamrock

Whats up with all the garys in vault 108?

I go there for the bobblehead and a bunch of garys start attacking me. were did they all come from?

demonicshamrock provided additional details:

I rented the game and had to give it back. can anyone tell me the long term answer cuz i cant really explore without the game itself

ladeereynolds answered:

The short answer is that that particular vault was a cloning experiment. The longer answer(s) can be found by going through the terminals and stuff inside the Vault which I recommend anyway for the entertainment value.
2 0

Answers

iTz_Reaper227 answered:

I really doubt anybody knows, but when I went in there, they started calling me Gary, then attacked me, it was kind of freaky, mabe they were screwed over by some guy named Gary. I think they were clones of him.
0 2

doomofsteel answered:

Don't listen to this guys answer! You can actually find out alot of information about all the Vaults just by looking around inside the vaults themselves, you'll find terminals and other things that will let you in on the secrets of each Vault which just adds to the overall story you can take from the game.
The simple answer I'd say at this point if you'd rather actually learn how yourself is to go explore the Vault and find out the real answer. This isn't the last time you'll see your old pal(s) Gary either.
0 1

TrippleSixMan answered:

Most terminals are hard to get in, but you'll find out what went down in the vault. the first time i saw the dead gary clone i was wondering y he had a number on him. Too much cloning on one person does effect the function of the clone's brain. That's y they say little words besides "gary".
0 0

hjpro153 answered:

I loled at gary 42 when I found him dead. ironic how 42 is my lucky number and is supposedly the meaning of life.

I'll go back in sometime and read a terminal for myself, then I'll tell you.
1 0

chrisyg103 answered:

Ok, long term answer for you enjoyment please yes! Vault 108 was an experimenting lab, all the Vaults were designed to be experiments. Vault 108 was a test of cloning. You see, after repeated cloning they all got dumb. And since Gary was the only test subject, the others Vault dwellers were probablly prohibited from beying cloned, security measures probably programmed into computer so only DNA matching Gary's could be cloned. So after everyone died out, there was -quw godly music- GAAAARRRRYYYYY!!!!!!! And after there beying only Gary's (like being all alone) they went insane, completely insane! Why they call you Gary is because they probably don't know other ppl exist, only GARY!!!!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAARRRY!!!!!!! Gary? Gary? GAAAAAAARRRRRRRRYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D
1 0

chrisyg103 answered:

Gary! Gary! Gary! GARY! GARY! GARY! GARY! GARY! GARY! gary.....? Gary? GAAAAAAAAARRRRRRYYYY!!!!!!!

GARY!
0 0

D11churchkill answered:

hjpro153 got the the meaning of life is 42 thing off of Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy witch by the way was 10 out of 10 movie. watch it, I command you.
0 0