Do i need to be connected to play the dlc on my xbox?

1. I took my xbox to my friends house cuz he has xbox live and i dont and he down loaded the dlc on to my xbox i took it home and the dlc wont seem to work...its says i have it on my hard drive but to i need to be counected to play the dlc like the pitt?....pleace help

User Info: 1982blacksheep

1982blacksheep - 7 years ago
    I downloaded the pitt and broken steel over the weekend, but it is not activating. I am temporarily in New Jersey and am not online. Do I have to be online for it to activtate (I downloaded when I went home to PHX for the weekend. I also put the game in and got the update.

User Info: azforlife1234

azforlife1234 - 7 years ago

Answers

1. the problem isn't whether or not your gamertag is connected to xbox live, it's that you can't use content bought on someone else's gamertag, unless that gamertag was on the console when the content was bought. In other words, No pay, No Play. so, if your friend recovered his gamertag to your console, redownloaded the dlc to your console, and you took your xbox home, you can't play the dlc without his gamertag

User Info: rastman64

rastman64 - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. If you did use your own gamertag and didn't get the game update you can't start the DLC. While connected to Xbox live, put in your game disc. Before the game starts a screen should pop up telling you that an update is available. Download this update and then you should have no problems.

User Info: TheGrimDoogle

TheGrimDoogle (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. In this case you do need to be conected to xbox live the same happened with me for sonic 3 and sonic and knuckles

User Info: Gamer8135

Gamer8135 - 6 years ago 0 0