NPC's disappearing?

1. A couple of NPC's have vanished from Megaton. I know Walter disappearing is pretty common, but Billy Creel is gone, too. I didn't kill either one of them, and nobody has said anything about it... Jeez, they don't notice anything.
    Anyway, it happened around the time I fixed the leaks. Oh, and I checked his house. Not there. Is that as common?

User Info: xXemo4neverXx

xXemo4neverXx - 7 years ago

Answers

1. This is fairly common. Sometimes missing NPC's will show up randomly in the wasteland, and sometimes they'll actually make their way back home.

Flak had vanished on me for weeks (game time) then I encountered him in the wastes, spoke to him, and then he showed back up in Rivet City the next day.

User Info: erictwitch

erictwitch - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. half answer/half question: i've had a similar experience. Walter disappeared on me too, which i've heard of before and there's apparently a patch for it(i think it takes effect when you start a new game, though). but now i think Simms has disappeared, haven't seen him for "weeks", which happened shortly after i stole the bobblehead from his house.

my traders have been dying on me, which i haven't heard of before. both Lucky & Doc Hoff are dead. came across Lucky's body randomly on a road somewhere, no sign of his Braheim or guard, no sign of how he died. later on, found Doc Hoff & his guard's bodies outside of Arefu(no sign of the Braheim), and strangely enough, found Lucky's Braheim(alive) just south of them. i had Lucky's key but it still gave me bad karma when i took the equipment from it. Crazy Wolfgang & the guy who sells clothes are the only ones left(and they're about as useful as teeth on a chicken)... i'd trade them all to have Lucky back, and now i can't invest in them... feel kind of ripped off so early in the game.

anyone know of a patch for the traders?!?

User Info: Large_Farva_323

Large_Farva_323 - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. Lol, this has actually happened to me before, Doc Hoff died for no reason and I found his body near Vault 106. And for some reason his brahmin is always with Crow, guess they adopted it.

And teeth on chicken could be useful. What if they became zombie chicken, then what? Without teeth they could not reaaly do any damage, but with teeth they can bite your main neck artery =.D

User Info: chrisyg103

chrisyg103 - 7 years ago 0 0
  4. Sigh.. in my game, Hoff and lucky are dead, but I found Hoff's brahmin alive outside paradise falls, and Walter is gone too... Everyone that is supposed to be outside in tenpenny tower are all gone too.

User Info: iownyoualot

iownyoualot - 7 years ago 0 0