Question from rodman870

Where can I find more ammo for the alien gun?

I got the 120 ones of it that you find near where it crashed and already used them up and i have not clue how to get more. Are there anymore?

TheNinjaD answered:

I have heard that there are a couple of places where you can always find more Alien Power Cells, in every game. I don't personally know where these locations are but I hope someone else can help you.

In my first game, I never got the Alien Blaster. However, I found the Firelance (another weapon that uses Alien Power Cells for ammo) in the posession of a raider in front of the Super Duper Mart. In this game, I also found a bunch of Alien Power Cells scattered all across the ground, also in front of the Super Duper Mart. It was very strange and I have yet to hear of the same thing happening to anyone else or see it again, myself. So it is possible to find them kind of randomly like that, it is just not likely.
3 1

Answers

Kynaeus answered:

There is no way to get any more ammo for the Alien Blaster, once you've used all 120 rounds, that's it.
5 10

TrinStari answered:

Actually you can find more ammo for the alien blaster...it's a bit of a pain hwever. Ammo for it is a lot rarer than most anything else. Throughout the entire game I've only a few extra rounds...I think about a dozen. As for where, I found them in Fort Indepndence.
2 1

Harcroftian answered:

I found a handful near the Alexandria Arms, right across the street from Arlington Library, near some frag mines on the ground. Go there at night, head north a bit, they will glow so it's fairly easy to see them.
2 1

Skiwgz21 answered:

I found a bunch up inside a irradiated power station near the enclave place to the northwest.
2 1

Skiwgz21 answered:

Wait not inside the building But inside the fenced area. with a big rock formation in the center and a cesspool with a bridge.
1 1

dakinespot answered:

Meresti Train Station found a handful yesterday inbetween a fence and a concrete ramp on the groound very easy to see a dusk....
2 1

Elvin answered:

I got some from Outcast Base in the basement (Fort Independence)
2 1

Mythos1092 answered:

There's a random encounter where the firelance and a bunch of ammo falls (that's what happened to you, TheNinjaD. the raider just found it and grabbed it).
1 1

Runeweaver answered:

If you find a load of single shots,that means the mini encounter that drops the firelance has happened there,get dogmeat return to the area and get him to search for the weapon.3 locations for large amounts of ammo,
1 The crash site where you get the alien blaster,
2 fort independence in the basement,
3 east south east of fort bannister you will find a large area with radioactive craters,some will have scorpions in,one that is larger than the others has a over turned lorry at the bottom,there is 100 rounds next to it.
1 1