Can you use the downloadable content off line?

1. Is the downloadable content available once you take the xbox off line, or does it have to be connected to the internet in order to use it? My cousin wants to buy the stuff at my home and bring it back to his internetless house.

User Info: SovietsTampon

SovietsTampon - 7 years ago

Answers

1. Sadly it does not, you have to be connected to Xbox Live for it to work, I know it's stupid
    I mean, it's saved onto your hardrive so why shouldn't it work, what does being connected to Live have anything to do with it once its downloaded!?!?!?!

Sorry for your loss.

User Info: chrisyg103

chrisyg103 - 7 years ago 0 1
  2. Contrary to what chrisyg has said the DLC will work when not conected to the internet. I took my 360 to a friends house and downloaded each expansion when it came out and they work fine at my house where I lack high speed internet.
    Just make sure that after the content is fully downloaded put in the game disc while still connected to the internet and before the title screen comes up a window should appear telling you that a update is available. Choose to download the update and your new DLC is ready to go without the need for an internet connection. Enjoy

User Info: TheGrimDoogle

TheGrimDoogle (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. GrimDoogle is right I do this all the time, chrisy may have switched consoles at some point

User Info: Nomanisat

Nomanisat (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 0
  4. As long as your cousin downloads the DLCs to HIS xbox, he will be able to use them offline at his house. The easiest and safest thing to do would be to buy the disk versions at Gamestop or another game place. Then you dont need to worry as he can install them at his house without any need to connect to Live.

User Info: Stormraven40

Stormraven40 - 6 years ago 0 0