Question from flechetteXXX

Achievements not activating!??

I have completed the quests "Following In Is Footsteps" "Scientific Pursuits" "Tenpenny Tower" and "Strictly Business" all of which did not activate the achievement upon completion. Ive even started a new character to try to complete these again and I still have not recieved the achievements upon completion. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Answers

itwizz answered:

It sounds to me like you're skipping certain steps, see here for the full walkthrough: fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_walkthrough, and these individual guides:

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Following_in_His_Footsteps

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Scientific_Pursuits

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Tenpenny_Tower_(quest)

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Strictly_Business

If that doesn't work try deleting and re-downloading your gamertag and see if that helps.
1 0

itwizz answered:

Also try clearing your caches:

On the Dashboard go to the System Settings menu, Memory, then press Y and press the Cache Clear Button (Using this method will delete ALL game updates off your system as well as the Temporary Files so you'll have to re-download the updates before you can play your games again), (This method was Introduced with the August 11th 2009 update).

OR

On the Dashboard go to the System Settings menu, Memory, then press Y for Device Options then press X-X-LB-RB-X-X (Using this method will delete ALL game updates off your system as well as the Temporary Files so you'll have to re-download the updates before you can play your games again).

OR

Hold The LB, RB and X buttons while the GAME is loading from the Dashboard and hold until you see the 2nd Bethesda Splash screen (Using this method will clear out Fallout 3's temporary files which means loading and saving will take longer until the files are re-cached).
1 0

Nemesis_489 answered:

It can't be because he skipped anything, I actually skipped the "Scientific Pursuits" quest and ended up in Vault 112 (and completed what I needed to do there) before I even did anything else for the quest and it gave me my achievement.

It also might be worth mentioning I haven't downloaded an DLC yet though.
0 0

Activating dlc? Answered azforlife1234
Activating the geck ? Answered raypachuco14
Achievements Help? Answered warnerve67
Are there any Achievements only attainable after getting DLC? Answered MossyStump
Do achievements total through playthroughs? Answered twilight1227