Question from RamboneForever

Empty Locker?

I went back to my Megaton house and my locker was empty and I had alot of stuff in there...is this a glitch or something?

Answers

itwizz answered:

There is only 1 locker in Your Megaton House that is designated as "yours" and I think it's the one nearest the door, Storing your stuff anywhere else WILL result in it disappearing after a couple of days. The best place to store your things is in the Ranger Compound.
0 1

chrisyg103 answered:

Ok, first of all, itwizz is wrong all the lockers are yours. I've heard that if you piss off the Megaton residents they steal your stuff, but I don't think this is true. Every once in a while your house sort of "resets". Did you have a theme for your house? Did you knock some stuff down that came with the theme? (for example some whiskey bottles on your new table) Now, did they some how just go back into place when you entered your house. (for example, theres empty tin cans on the floor and BAM now there on the shelf) You could have had a glitch and it emptied your lockers too. Try re-loading the auto save you got wen entering the house. If that didn't work try going back to your other "regular saves" and see if your stuffs back. If none of this helped you try looking on Wiki.

Oh, and the Ranger Compound is a bad place to store your items. They can also be "reset", very often I might add, and dissapear. Or one of the rangers might take it. I've done this before, Riley now has my Gauss Rifle. I let her keep it, because now I have the Tesla Cannon!
2 1

itwizz answered:

I'm sorry my friend but it is you who is wrong as I've been using the Ranger's compound for over 100hrs and never ONCE lost anything.

Please read this for more information: www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=957939&hl=Megaton+House
0 1

D11churchkill answered:

I think chrisyg103 is right because I store misc. stuff in 1 locker and power armor in another. I also have a huge stash of wepons,(Fat Man, 10mm pistols and smg, ak-47s, laser rifels, etc.) just lying the ON TOP of the desk. I've had them there for 6-8 months now.
0 1

chrisyg103 answered:

Itwizz, I think you are right. I think the ranger compund actually counts as one of those "Towns" where everything is permenantlly saved when you do something. Like if you kill someone in Megaton the body is always there. And the Gauss rifle was actually in her personal boxes/locker so thats why she might have taken it. As a joke I pulled out one of those empty little boxes, put Wild Bill's side arm in it, and later the girl with Eugene tooke it. I stole it back of course, and put it in a box out of her reach. and when I need to blow off steam or feel like killing someone, I take the pistol and kill eveyone with it. But I always reload.
1 0

statesofeuphria answered:

I use the locker by the door/workbench for misc items and the other one for extra weapons and armor. I have several different games over months of playing and never had anything disappear. I have heard this is a glitch that happens when the containers reset by accident.
1 0

Superinsomniac answered:

The only thing that doesn't seem to dissapear on me at my locker is misc items.
0 0

death_death answered:

Since MZ came out I usually keep my items in there. and I havent lost anything at all. as for the ranger compound you have to have rilley tell you that you are welcome anytime.
0 0