Question from SaberSpellSword

How do u get a follower to swap weapons?

I've been running around with Fawkes as my follower and i want him to use a super sledge as his melee weapon instead of his fists but even though i've put it in his inventory he refuses to use it. Does it have to be the only weapon in his inventory?

I managed to get him to swap to a sledge hammer once but i got rid of it so that he could use the super sledge instead but then he just went back to using fists.

actually while im at it, which one would be better to give him, super sledge or power fist?

SaberSpellSword answered:

I actually managed to figure this one out. (but I'd still like to know which would be better, super sledge or power fist)
I Think it's impossible to change his long range weapon since its not in his inventory so if u don't want him using the gattling lazer any more well too bad.

1. make sure he is set to 'long range weapons'

2. take all melee weapons out of his inventory

3. (now 3 and 4 might be the other way around but...) tell him to switch to melee

4. put the melee weapon in his inventory.

5. check that the weapon on his back has changed.

6. thats it. now every time u ask him to use a melee weapon he'll use that instead of his fists as long as u keep it in his inventory. u can even get him to switch to long range and back and he'll remember what to switch to.
1 0

Answers

Shadow122333 answered:

Try leaving out all melee weapons (and if you took his super sledge, give it back to him) and see if maybe he pulls out his super sledge because maybe he will only use his own.
0 0

chrisyg103 answered:

I think a Super Sledge might be the best, because the power fist is actually counted as an "Unarmed" weapon and it is not affected by your melee stats. Like, even if you have 100 melee, if you have 20 unarmed the power fist will be really weak. And I'd think that Fawke's Melee skill is better than his unarmed. So, use the super sledge, or The Mauler if you have the Pitt.
1 0