Question from bleh32_

Extremely annoying noise outside underworld and near vault 92?!

IDK whats causing it, but some really annoying noise keeps happening when im near vault 92 and when I leave the museum of history... its hard to describe what it sounds like but its VERY annoying and only stops when I leave the vicinity of the area... problem is im trying to explore vault 92 and it just wont stop. please help!

bleh32_ provided additional details:

I dont have any patches installed... I solved the vault 92 problem, the noise seemed to stop when I closed the vault door.

I have no idea what's causing it but I dont want to change anything in my cache.

bleh32_ provided additional details:

Okay, I cleared my cache but the noise is still there. It's probably just a minor bug, it goes away pretty soon anyway. Thanks for the help.

Answers

itwizz answered:

Have you tried clearing your caches?

System Settings tab, Memory, then press Y for Device Options then press X-X-LB-RB-X-X (Using this method will delete ALL game updates off your system as well as the Temporary Files so you'll have to re-download them before you can play your games again).

OR

Hold The LB, RB and X buttons while the GAME is loading from the Dashboard and hold until you see the 2nd Bethesda Splash screen (Using this method will clear out Fallout 3's temporary files which means loading and saving will take longer until the files are re-cached).

The nearest thing I can find to this in the Fallout Wiki is related to The Pitt and the RobCo Factory: fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Pitt_bugs
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_bugs

It could the disk is broken or, worst case scenario, your Xbox is on it's way out

Have you tried loading an earlier save to see if the noise is still there?

Do you have the 1.5.0.23 Patch installed?

Have you tried installing FO3 To the Hard Drive?
0 0

itwizz answered:

Clearing your Caches is completely harmless and it is actually recommended that you clear your Caches once in a while as Corrupted data builds up after prolonged use and can cause all sorts of problems with your system.
0 0

itwizz answered:

Please close this since I answered it ages ago
0 0

INXSive82 answered:

From what i remember about vault 92 there was a secret project called White Noise (as in static/interference). This sent some of the occupants of the vault crazy and turned them into bloodthirsty murderers. It was meant to be the experiment for this vault but obviously backfired. I do remember hearing such a noise when exploring the vault. Not sure about museum of history I'll have to recheck that one. If clearing the caches didn't work then it may not be related to this problem.
0 0

captinkickass answered:

It might be the (sporiler alert) crashed space ship by vault 92 becuse they have the strogest gun in the game and the send out a distrecs signal
0 0