Question from SrgSkittles

Reverse pickpocketing?

The game wont let me pickpocket enemies, why?

SrgSkittles provided additional details:

I already knew that.

SkaterUB asked for clarification:

Super mutants can be pickpocketed.

X_ACTO answered:

Reverse pickpocketing is done the same way (sneaking wise) but instead press the Left Trigger to your items and press A to give it to them... I suggest bombs.
4 0

Answers

itwizz answered:

You have be in stealth mode before you can pickpocket an enemy or they''ll see you everytime.

To enter stealth mode you need to use either the Stealth Boy or the Chinese Stealth Armour and then crouch and sneak up on an enemy, then you pickpocket them.
0 2

itwizz answered:

I'm confused, if you already knew you had to be stealthed then whats your problem? Your question seems to asking 2 different things, which do you need help with, normal Pickpocketing or Reverse Pickpocketing?
0 1

gameboy0627 answered:

You press Left trigger to reverse pickpocket but while sneaking make sure it says hidden to enable pickpocketing without auto failing.
Hidden:Pickpocketing enable autofail disabled
detected:Pickpocketing enable but you fail always
Caution:Enemies searching for you can't pickpocket
Danger:Self explanatory
3 1

Kibblinator answered:

You need to make sure your crouched, and that your target has no idea you are there (The game must say "Hidden" at the top, not "Caution" or "Danger").

Then, you put either a frag grenade or mine in their inventory, which will automatically become live.

Then, get a good distance away and watch them explode!

Notes:
a) Whether the pickpocket is sucessful or not, the frag will explode, but if unsuccessful you will automatically exit the window.
b) Some enemies cannot be pickpocketed like Super Mutants and Centaurs, etc.

Hope this helps!
1 2

statesofeuphria answered:

First of all, your sneak needs to be high enough or you will constantly get caught. I recommend saving first and then when hidden open their inventory and place any clothing or weapon in their inventory. If it is stronger than what they have equipped, they will equip the items you just gave them. You can then pickpocket the items they had on previously. Useful for unique items like 3 Dogs head wrap if you don't want to kill him.
2 0

papapung4898 answered:

Please close the question to help keep the answers section uncluttered thanks
3 0

Reverse pickpocketing help? Open The_ham_man
Question about reverse pickpocketing Three Dog? Answered danahmean
Tips on Pickpocketing? Answered DownloadFailed
Pickpocketing Tenpenny? Answered SUPER-MAN_2005
How do I place grenades and/or mines with reverse pickpocket so they explode? Answered naddestroyer