Review by FunkyDunk32

"Good... Great... Awesome?"

Bethesda really went all out with this game. It really brings the whole "You're alone in the world" vibe. Well, I'm just gonna jump right into the review.

Sound-
Great. hands down some of the best songs ever. But, and this is a big but, there are some things wrong. First off, you really only have 3 choices for what you want to hear. You've got GNR( Galaxy News Radio) which plays fifties era music and has a wacky and sometimes zany disc jockey. "What's a disc? Hell if I know!" Then you've got Enclave Radio which has a patriotic theme to it. Along with a few broadcasts from the new "president" Then, lastly you've got your in-game regular music. Which in my opinion is great.

Graphics-
Again. Great. The look and feel of the Wasteland is spot on. The eerie feeling you get when your walking through a burnt out forest and you see blackened trees with no leaves is... It makes you feel as though you're really in the game. And I love it.

Gameplay-
Good. The controls feel good. And I love V.A.T.S. In my opinion one of the greatest additions to a video game in a long time. I love the way everything feels as though it's in the right spot on the controller, where in other games you sometimes have to tweak the controls to make it more to your liking. This game feels great. And The Pip Boy. I love the little wrist watch thing.

Story/Plot-
And this is where a lot of the problems come in for me. The Main quest line for this game was..... SHORT! Way too short. And when you finally do get done with the main quest, you can't go back and play that character again. You have to start a new one if you want to do all of the side quests. 100+ hours of gameplay? Maybe if you want to find EVERY little nook and cranny in the game. Maybe... The plot to the game is good. I have no qualms about that. It does, to me, seem a little generic, but all in all it's a good story line.

Overall- 8/10
The sound was there, but not that great.
The graphics were incredible. And I love just looking out over the ravaged landscape.
The controls of the game were great.
The actual storyline is good, but the main quest line was too short.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 11/03/08

Game Release: Fallout 3 (Collector's Edition) (US, 10/28/08)