Review by WeeblsPie

"The new age of Fallout, and hopefully gaming in general!"

Wow, that was all I could say when I first saw footage for this game that now lies beside me. I couldn't believe it. It looked like Bethesda had finally hit the nail on the head and made the perfect game. I was sure this would live up to the level that Fallout 1&2 had set before.

Boy was I right.

Graphics- 10/10

This is the best looking game I have ever seen, hands down. It creates the perfect effect of post apoctaliptica from the moment you start out in Vault 101 till the moment the game ends. The most noticeable scene is when you first step out into the Capital Wastelands. The glare of the sun in your eyes as it slowly settles to show a countryside devoid of any life with very few signs of human existence except for a few ruined buildings and pieces of rubble. Epic indeed.

Sound- 10/10

This is where Bethesda Softworks finally got it right! They improved the sound from Oblivion by a huge margin. The atmosphere of creeping through a dark building to suddenly be startled by the sound of a can falling off a shelf is just incredible. Bethesda uses music to create a great atmosphere that can make anything feel as suspenseful as they wanted it to be. And they finally made good use of voice actors! Everybody has their own voice! Along with some celebrity voiceovers with Liam Neeson and Malcolm McDowell, Bethesda better keep this up!

Gameplay- 10/10

I've never come across a game that has ran so beautifully in my gaming history. For the size of the landscape and the amount of objects taking it up, it runs amazingly. I have not come across any glitches that couldn't be solved with anything more than an easy reload. The VATS system implemented in this game is the real deal, it doesn't make the game cheesy or anything. It's simple, effective, and fun, noting can match the epicness of blowing a Ghoul's head apart with a shotgun blast. in slow motion!l. Please, pleeease keep this up Bethesda.

Story- 10/10

Bethesda stays true to the well know Fallout story line, you are born in the vault, an underground fallout shelter ran by the overseer. The game progresses by showing you moments in your life that could decide your outcome in the game itself. At age 19 your father leaves the vault and you're thrust out into the Capital Wastelands to track him down. You'll meet some interesting friends and enemies along the way so I won't spoil it for you. But I can say you will not be .disappointed

Overall, I give this game a 10/10, Bethesda has made a unique, interesting, spooky, atmospheric, fun, and overall, incredible game. If you loved Fallout 1 and 2 you will love this game, if you loved Oblivion you will love this game. I think it is safe to assume, that even those new to the series, such as myself, will love this game. If you are thinking of buying Fallout 3, BUY IT NOW! You will never be disappointed. I guarantee it.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/05/08

Game Release: Fallout 3 (US, 10/28/08)