Review by tristin809

"Worth escaping the vault for."

Introduction:

Hey Waste landers! Are you ready for Fallout 3? Yeah, that was kinda corny. I'm not very good with intros. But let's get this over with. Fallout 3 is a very good game. But in this review I will be going over it's Pros and Cons(The very few cons that this game has). I will talk about it's: Concept, Graphics, Sound, Playability, Entertainment, and it's Replay value. This review is probably going to be bad. Considering this is my first review on a game. Ever. So, let's get this started.

Concept(8.5/10):

You live in a Post-Apocalyptic wasteland. After escaping from a Vault known as "Vault 101." You are now to live in the Capital Wasteland.You can be a good with good karma. Or a bad person with bad karma. Or you can be neutral, and have no karma! Basically the game is like Oblivion but with guns and it's in the future. But that is a good thing. So the Concept is a 8.5 out of 10. Which in Middle School Grades, would be a B.

Graphics(9.1/10):

Even playing on a regular, non-HDTV the game looks good. Playing on an HDTV, that's a whole other story. The game looks sweet. From the blood and gore. To the Atomic Wasteland. This game looks good. Not as good looking as Oblivion though. But still, amazing graphics. I give the graphics a 9.1 out of 10.

Sound(8.4/10):

This game sounds good. From the music to the voices. This game is good. Whether it's the hiss of a Ghoul to the old classic music being broadcasts on Galaxy News Radio. The sound quality is good. Though sometimes some of the people in the game sound exactly the same. For example, the Doctor in Megaton sounds just like the doctor in Rivet City. Also if you noticed on the mission "Rescue in Paradise Falls" most of the kids sound the same. But that doesn't matter. Also, some of the music at Galaxy News Radio gets old at times. In the DLC it should have come with more songs. Hell, maybe even a new radio station! So I give the sound a 8.4/10.

Playability(9/10):

The game plays the good. V.A.T.S. is pretty awesome. Some weapons you would think would be a bit stronger. Also having armor and weapons that need to be repaired a lot is a pain. The game gets bit hard in firefights where your out numbered. A cover system would be good. The perks are good too. Finding ammo can be a pain in the ass though. Harder than Resident Evil. Playability gets a 9 out of 10.

Entertainment(9.8/10):

This game is very very fun. You can do may things you wish you could do in real life. Like killing giant Super Mutant Behemoths with your Fat Man(Which the ammo for it happens to be Miniature Nuclear Missiles. To just beating the crap out of people with your Super Sledge. The game is very fun. For the Entertainment of this game. I will give it a 9.8 out of 10.

Replay Value(10/10):

You'll be popping this game 3 years from now. Whether you want to start over and give the bad karma a try. Or you just got the new DLC and you want to beat those missions. You'll be playing this game forever. Good luck trying to stop playing this game. Hell, I still play Oblivion. The Replay Value gets, you guessed it. A 10 out of 10!

Overall(9.13):

Overall, the game is great. A 9 out of 10 is a good thing. This game sets RPG history. Years from now most Sci-fi RPGs would be compared to this game. Since it is so amazing. Now, it's time to sign off. Thank you for reading my review of Fallout 3. If you have any opinions about my review. Contact me at thefail809_hotmail.com. WARNING: I barely check my email.

This game is very fun. Love it.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 06/22/09

Game Release: Fallout 3 (US, 10/28/08)