Review by jenningsnash313

"Fallout 3 is a great game, don't miss an opportunity to play it."

I almost never will give anything a 10/10, just because there aren't many "flawless" things out there. But this game was flawless. There's open, rugged terrain, rivers and water battles, tunnels to battle in, and vaults/towns to trade and mingle. Even when the game is over, there's too much to do to just stop playing. Some people have put in 400 hours of game time into this, some more, and it's easy to see why. Let's start with the basics: graphics. Graphics are great. The game takes place in 2277, during a post-nuclear war time period in D.C. There, you will encounter enemies that range from the gigantic Super Mutant Behemoths to the creepy and scary Feral Ghoul Roamers. There are also creatures that roam in packs, and robots as well.

One of my favorite features in this game is one similar to Fable and Elder Scrolls: you are free to do whatever you want, at a price. If you want, you can get a missile launcher and blow a child to bits. Or you can choose to rescue a pack of kids from ruthless slavers. You're allowed to set off a bomb in the very first town you go to, or you can choose to save the town from it. And in the end, you will have to make a choice that will either kill or save everyone in D.C. Along the way, you will meet with a bunch of choices like these, where you will have to do the good thing or the bad thing, and these will ultimately decided the fate of the USA. If you wanted, you could just ignore the main quest and just wander around, killing everything you see. Not a bad way to get through this game.

Hacking and lock-picking make this game great as well. From time to time, you will encounter a door or chest that's locked. Depending on how you wanted to build up your player, he/she may or may not be able to pick it and get the treasure inside. Hacking is also cool because you can use it to your advantage. You will notice Mark IV Turrets in a lot of inside areas in this game. These machines side with either the Enclave Soldiers or Raiders, and will fire at you. However, if you hack the computer nearest to the turrets, and successfully complete the mini-game, you will be able to get the turrets to fire against your enemies.

Another great feature is the endings. And I don't mean ending, I mean endINGS. Like I said, you will be forced to make choices towards the end that will choose the outcome of the game. Which means a second playthrough won't be the same as the first. Ever. I have 4 files, and each has a completely different type of person.

All in all, I can't even think of any problems with this game. So long as you don't hate wide terrain, various types of enemies and weapons, thousands of different-personalities NPCs, and blood, gore and a lot of violence, than this game should be perfect for you.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 07/07/10

Game Release: Fallout 3 (US, 10/28/08)