Review by Whitewolf8

"The Best Fighter of 2008 next to SSBB."

Soul Caliber 4 is the best Soul Caliber in existence. The game would have been awesome without Star Wars but is made even better with it. You will spend many weeks of your life, no months, playing this game.

Sound: The sound is great. The backround is well simulated with the music, and it makes that much more difference. The voices are superlative and I must say it really fits characters like Yoda. The Sound effects are really amazing. From The clang of two swords clashing, to yoda jumping on someone's head and slamming them into the pavement, and from getting pushed in to lava pits, to the swishes of missed targets, the effects are incredible. Overall the sounds and music is one of the things that makes this game better than Super Smash Bros. Brawl.10/10

Graphics: The graphics are astounding to say the least. The characters, even Yoda, all look very real. The levels are all very well simulated from palm trees to fire and brimstone, and rushing water to egyptian statues. The weapons all look very realistic, even lightsabers, and Soul Caliber and Soul Edge. I really like the throw cutscenes as well. This the other main thing that beats Brawl.10/10

Control: This Game plays very well, yet this where Brawl is better. Though the move list is pretty tedious. They just added too many moves, with various button combinations. However the control is still pretty awesome. Everything responds very well and the movement is very quick. The moves are very varied and everthing has a use. Though it doen't work as well Super Smash Bros. Brawl. 9/10

Gameplay: This where the heart and soul of Soul Caliber 4 is. Let me just get this off my chest first though. It doesn't have as much Gameplay value as Brawl. The gameplay still kicks butt and is extremely fun and difficult. The story mode is short, not that needs to be long, since this a fighting game. The arcade is kinda short at eight levels but b oth are both are fun.The versus mode is very good also as well as the online play which really makes the game awesome. The character creation is very nice also, allowing thousands of combinations. This game has much replay value. However this also a game that you won't master in a day. This game requires plenty of practice. If you play this game you will also get a feeling of addiction, like if you play Super Mario Bros. 3. Overall this game has amazing gameplay though as I have said before not as good as brawl. 9/10

In conclusion this game is by far the best fighting game on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, and in my opinion the second best fighting game of 2008, second only to Super Smash Bros. Brawl. If you love fighting games or the Soul Caliber series then GET THIS GAME!!! If you don't like fighing games than at least rent it.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 08/13/08

Game Release: SoulCalibur IV (US, 07/29/08)