Do I need to complete the main quest line to start the Shivering Isle and KOTN?

1. I've installed the GOTY second disk and when I get to the start menu, it says "loading extra content", but I can't do either DLC. Do I need to complete the main quest line to begin the quests?

User Info: Froggy64

Froggy64 - 6 years ago
    I've experienced this same situation, so for you guys who've answered I believe he means that the prophet and island do not appear at all. I as well would like an answer to this.

User Info: CrazysBack

CrazysBack - 6 years ago

1. You don't actually have to start thev main qust just do a 24 hour wait and the door wiil become knowledge and foir knotn just travel anvil thats it in a nut shell

User Info: dark_lorican

dark_lorican (Expert) - 6 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. The main quest doesn't need to be completed, just started. The Shivering Isles quest starts with a notification that a strange door was found in Bravil's bay -- I believe it happens 24 hours (in-game) after the expansion's installed. The KOTN stuff starts in Anvil regarding church goings-on. Find the Prophet nearby and he'll get y'started on visiting the wayshrines. If something seems to be awry, make sure to get the free patch(es) via Xbox Live.

User Info: Shotgunnova

Shotgunnova (Expert / FAQ Author) - 6 years ago 1 0
  2. No you don't need to do the main quest line, they can be started at any-time as long as one day has passed in-game. If you don't understand, my instructions below should help you further.

In order to start "the Knights of the Nine" DLC (downloadable content) you must travel to the city of "Anvil" and speak to "the Prophet" who is outside the church rambling on about "Pelinal Whitestrake" and "Umaril the Unfeathered". Speak with him about the relics, "Umaril" etcetera and claim not to be worthy of questing for the relics. Once you have done that the "Pilgrimage" quest will begin and you can begin "the Knights of the Nine".

Now to start the "Shriving Isles" DLC (downloadable content) you need to let one day pass you can do this either by waiting or sleeping for 24 hours or playing threw the game for a whole in-game day. I recommend waiting or sleeping. Anyway, once you have let one whole day pass a message will appear telling you that a strange door has opened up on a island in the "Niben Bay". Travel there and you can begin the "Shivering Isles".

I hope I've made it clear and that I've helped.

User Info: epkk

epkk - 6 years ago 0 0
  3. They have nothing to do with the main storyline at all so no. I would actually recommend doing KOTN early on before you obtain any infamy. You can start this quest by talking to almost anyone in the game (especially the religious church figures). Just ask about rumors and someone will eventually tell you about the church massacre in Anvil and tell you to visit the Prophet. Go to Anvil and take a left and then another left until you are in front of the church, there will be a mad man ranting, go talk to him and tell him you have no need of fame, you are humble and this will begin the quest. To start the shivering isles quest you can either wait several minutes and one of those journal entries will randomly pop up. It will show you where to go to from there. If you do not wish to wait for the popup just go to the Niben Bay and swim around towards the middle of it. You will come across a small island will a very odd structure on it, it is very obvious. You should have no problem seeing it while swimming in the Bay. Climb ashore and the quest has begun! Good luck.

User Info: Vault_Monkey

Vault_Monkey - 6 years ago 0 0
  4. No, you do not. Accept one of these answers already and stop leaving this question open.

User Info: AnimeKid1089

AnimeKid1089 - 6 years ago 0 0
  5. No you dont need to finish main quest liine but can you please close this topic theres alot of good answers here pick one please.

User Info: mathewhearn94

mathewhearn94 - 5 years ago 0 0