Question from floridarules09

What is the best sword in the game?

I have the Umbra sword. but i dont know if its the best or not.

Redeemed_God answered:

Shadowrend. With one of the farthest reaches and highest base damage when at level 35, it is the best possible sword or axe in the game.

-For max damage, you need it repaired at 125% and a blade/axe mastery of 100.

You get this weapon during the Shivering Isles storyline when you have to fight a shadow clone of yourself(see FAQ).

DO NOT DO THIS QUEST UNTIL YOU HAVE HIT LEVEL 35. SOME ITEMS ARE STRONGER THAN THIS WEAPON AT LOWER LEVELS AND HAVING A WEAPON WITH A HIGHER BASE DAMAGE THAN SHADOWREND AT THE TIME THAT YOU KILL YOUR CLONE WILL MAKE THE GAME NOT DROP SHADOWREND.
2 0

Answers

tuch answered:

It's not. The best sword is a self-enchanted Daedric dagger/shortsword.
0 0

TrojanKeg answered:

Umbra does the most base damage in the game, 33. The most damage with a 1 handed sword (Enchanted) is Goldbrand, 30+22 (Fire damage). The most 1 handed (unenchanted) is a daedric longsword, 29.
1 0

easilyenamoured answered:

At armorer of 75, you can up the base damage a little. With shivering isles, the perfect mad sword/claymore (magic) does +20 damge health with 75 hits. That's pretty good. Esp. against gnarls which grow immunity to elemental magic. If you can get a damage health sigil stone with +30, it has fewer hits, but I'd say that it's the best.
0 0

TheGuillotineNT answered:

I think that the Lesser Madness Long sword is te best but then again im only a level like 9 or 8
0 3

Nosferatu2894 answered:

Best weapon is Mehrune's Razor, simply because it can cause daedric banishing (1-hit KO) on strike. You need the add-on, though
1 0

Mythos1092 answered:

Actually, the weapon with the best possible damage may surprise you. It's been proven that, if you get the highest level version of it, Chillrend (gotten through the quest "The Killing Field" in Chorrol) has the highest damage in the game. Combining the base damage, the enchantment damage, and the weapon speed, it even beats Goldbrand. Well, until the enchantment dies.
0 0

requimofnight answered:

well, Umbra is very powerful and awsome looking. but, if you want the best... just make it yourself.
0 0

shadowwolf1917 answered:

I would either go with Shadowrend, or a self-enchanted sword, like the one I made that does 30 damage to health and fatigue on strike, and shock damage. This question really can't be answered though, as the answers will mostly all be opinions. Also, Mehrunes Razor is good, but you run the risk of dieing, if someone has a reverse spell enchantment on.
0 0

HeartlessNavi answered:

Well, considering everything possible in the game, i prefer the Dawn/DuskFang. Regenerating magic and condition are far more beneficial for characters without decent armorer, especially mages who have to do long quests (like say the Razor quest). That and i'm too lazy to enchant my own stuff.
0 0

fraz515 answered:

The best is the Mehrune's Razor but u need to purchase the DLC first
0 0

Where is Best Sword In Game? Answered JEBraq65
Which is better Umaril's sword or Umbra's sword? Answered Christophers123
Where can i regenerate my enchanted sword? Answered brandon_iz_god
I seen on youtube a weapon tat look like two sword? Open Alex_Mercer17
Where can I find umbra sword? Answered liebig666