How do I beat the Painted Trolls in the Painting?

1. It's a Heartfire Quest, the painter went missing & his wife wanted me to find him, I clicked on his painting & it took me to Painting World & I have to beat 6 trols in the forest & get the key off the dead theif at the end.

User Info: bgirl9536

bgirl9536 - 7 years ago
    I am on level 5, using the turpintine on my sword & I am also using Flame I cant beat even the first one I have tried 100 times!!!

User Info: bgirl9536

bgirl9536 - 7 years ago

1. If its really that hard you can just turn the difficulty down. Press start go on options select gameplay and simply move the marker over to the left to make the game easyer.

User Info: Jonesey198

Jonesey198 - 7 years ago 3 1

Answers

1. Use the Turpintine that you were given.

User Info: tuch

tuch (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. Are you sure you have got the turpentine on the sword? if you do, I suggest, leveling up first and then coming back to it.

User Info: Chain_Gangsta1

Chain_Gangsta1 - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. I was lvl 6 when i did this one. I killed them pretty easily without using the turpentine. I used a sigil stone from one of the Oblivion gates i had beaten. I put it on my helmet and it gave me +7 to blade attacks which put me over the 50 point mark in my strength stat.

User Info: cvfan

cvfan - 7 years ago 0 0
  4. I did it at level one.it was my first or second quest,it's really not that hard

User Info: madmike2000

madmike2000 - 7 years ago 0 0
  5. Easiest way is to locate them and while crouched put the turpentine on your bow and just sneak shoot them. It will do 3X damage and should kill them.

User Info: WC2K

WC2K - 7 years ago 1 0
  6. If you can, use the poison given but try to perform sneak attacks on them and only fight one at a time, block with a shield (it's best) and use fire spells, even the first fire spell given to you will work alright, then after each troll you heal yourself and repair your equipment. It would pay to save it here too, then move onto the next, just remember not to get backed into another troll while fighting one ;)

User Info: Dragour

Dragour - 7 years ago 0 0
  7. You can run through the map killing the p-trolls by just slashing at them or you can use the turnipike you can also grab a shield and get your blade and block skill up. after getting to the dead body grab the paint brush and give it to the painter.

User Info: F3ARDAY300

F3ARDAY300 - 7 years ago 0 0
  8. You probably just have to level up, but it also depends on both your skills and attributes. If you're having a hard time even with the turpintine, it could also be because of a poor Blade skill or Strength attribute. Or your weapon can be damaged, which will affect its performance.

User Info: mobiusdiablo

mobiusdiablo - 7 years ago 0 0
  9. PS: Shields are a MUST! Before I played Oblivion, I was brought up in the Morrowind way, where shield blocks were random and rather useless. If you are a close-combat fighter, not using a shield is like asking the game to kill you. Even if you DO block (with weapon or shield), if your Block skill is below 25, blocking WILL DRAIN Fatigue, especially if you hold it. Blocking is a must because it reduces damage and stuns attackers breifly. When they stagger after hitting you, slash a couple times (3 at most) and resume blocking. Other than that, avoid fights with multiple foes, big open areas, and make sure to have a LOT of healing potions and repair hammers (10, more for the potions)

User Info: mobiusdiablo

mobiusdiablo - 7 years ago 0 0
  10. You technically don't even have to kill the trolls. The only thing special is you get a rare alchemy ingredient. You can just run through and grab the paintbrush off the body in the back, then run back and give it to the painter.

User Info: sleepinginawe

sleepinginawe - 7 years ago 0 0