Review by wolverinefan

"NFL Street fans might enjoy this but it's pretty meh"

I'm not a sports fan. The few sports I do like I don't really play because the idea of sitting in front of my tv and pretty much doing the same thing over and over forever with no real goal just doesn't excite me.

NFL Tour is yet another football title from EA Sports and let's be honest this is a tongue and cheek approach at their own Madden title but it fails in that entire approach.

We get one of the worst commentaries ever created in a sports game. it makes jokes about every commentary repeating itself and then this guy repeats himself immediately afterwards and you'll hear this three or four times in the whole 5 minutes a match takes. It's just annoying beyond belief.

Visually this game is one of the blandest efforts to hit the 360 in a long while. Character models feel dead and the arenas look like complete crap. Even the menus feels dated and bland.

The game play itself should be familiar to anyone who has played the NFL Street titles. I haven't played them so this was a new experience for me. You only have Tour mode and quick play as your main endeavors. Outside of that we get 2 mini games that I didn't mess around with because my 360 crashed on me which annoyed me.

Quick play as you picking your favorite real lfie sports team and playing a quick match. Achievement hunters should be warned that they only unlock on Veteran difficulty which kind of sucks but whatever.

The games AI is rather brain dead on almost any difficulty which is a shame because I think the over the top moves would be a lot more fun with the other team actually seemed to try.

What I did like is that you can break out of holds and other things doing random quick time events. It adds a sudden rush to the game play that makes it more fun than the Madden titles but remember, nothing is realistic in this game.

The NFL Tour mode is rather boring to be honest. You create a very limited character and have him join a team and then play through a season. It works just like quick play except you have a preset schedule.

The game also features on-line play but I didn't bother with it because again my game had crashed and I'm not big into sports games anyway and I have no clue why I even picked this one up.

At the end of the day I must admit that this was a fun waste of time but that's also what it was. A waste of time. The plays aren't overly original or interesting. The commentary is a major annoyance and the abundance of horrible rap music will haunt me for a while.

If you're looking for the next NFL Street then you may want to give this game disc a spin but I think you should try the demo out because it won't be for everyone and EA really fails when they try and make fun of themselves because it's more annoying than funny.

Story - N/A
Graphics - 6/10
Sound - 4/10
Control - 8/10
Game Play - 7/10
Replay Value - 5/10

Final Score - 6/10

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 03/18/08

Game Release: NFL Tour (US, 01/08/08)