Question from battlefield505

How do i beat the robot guy with the chain mace?

Can't damage him and i need to get on his head but can't?

battlefield505 provided additional details:

How do you cripple him?

DarkSparkfist asked for clarification:

the 'B' button option isn't coming up.

DarkSparkfist asked for clarification:

Just died to this guy numerous times. Nothing seems to work on him. I cannot get high enough on him to hit his obvious vulnerable spot though the use of the portals or the abyssal chain.

jlbn1989 asked for clarification:

I also have the same problem the first guy is easy to kill the problem is the second robot this time the portals wonth make war jump high enough to clim on him any help.

jlbn1989 asked for clarification:

Thanks dieseldave .

Answers

MidnightEchonis answered:

Easiest way I found was to create a charged portal in the center of the room (on the largest circle) then strafe him until he uses the mace to try and squish you. When it gets stuck create another portal (anywhere) and jump in. If you're too far away you can usually glide to him. Then press B to do an attack and cripple him. When he's crippled, attack his core and repeat. After a few rounds he'll go down and you can use the finishing move on him.
1 0

thoriphes answered:

Create a couple charged portals in the room. When he gets close to one of them (as he's following you) hop in it then hop back so you get some height right next to him. Glide on the orange circle on top of him and hit B. This will stun him. Drop down and attack his core. You'll need to do this 3 times. You'll also face him again 2 more times after with the portal areas moved around but it's pretty much the same strategy.
0 0

dieseldave answered:

hold RT to get a powered up portal,dont just point and shot .
0 0

Nephilim69 answered:

The fastest way I found, was to run to a portal pad, and then execute a charged portal onto it.
Then I step back way from the robot, and wait for him to come close to the portal and myself. You'll find that when he is close enough to you, his first attack is always the heavy overhand swing, which lodges his mace into the ground, and basically immobilises him for about 20 seconds.
Then just dash to another pad, open a portal, and jump in. you'll find that you'll be close enough that you can glide onto his head, or just land on it straight away.
You'll be able to whack his 'tummy' for damage. Once you have broken through, dash away, cause he does the overdrive whirlwind with his mace, and he follows you for a bit.
You'll have to do this about 3 times, then you get the finisher.
0 0

Naebot answered:

Easiest way I figured was to make charged portals on one side of the room and when he got close I jumped in one and flew toward his head and hit B. After he was crippled I would immediatly put two portals across from one another and then slash at him a couple times. When he turned red and started twiriling I would dash to one of the portals and when he got near I would teleport to the other side of the room. Then when he calmed down I would repeat the process. After about three times he should be good as dead.
0 0

forkettle answered:

Make two portals, jump into one, get shot into the air above the location on the other. Do this enough to get on top of robot which will show you the B button prompt. press that, to get the robot on its knees, then beat the hell out of it with a combo attack, then run for your life when it gets back up as it starts spinning. once it has stopped spinning, repeat this process about 3-5 more times and it'll go down pretty quick.
0 0

thedragonlady answered:

Fully charge two portals so you fly higher. I preferred one of them to be in the middle or at least close together. Stand somewhere between or near the two (making him come to you rather than you running to him, which wastes time) and dash when he strikes (if he's spinning, just stay clear, you can't get on his head unless his weapon is stuck in the ground). Jump in either portal, if it's not close to him, jump back in to go to the other one (you can go back and forth between them two or three times before he pulls his weapon loose) and be sure to double jump when you exit then soar down to and land on his head. Press B, then , when you're thrown off, beat the daylights out of his waist with your sword. Dash away to avoid getting hit when he recovers (you'll see a change in the light around his waist). Fully charge two portal again (he's very slow so this isn't all that hard to do and doing it after he strikes just wastes more time) and repeat 2 more times, then he'll be on his knees with a B overhead. I found it difficult to access this B, but just run and jump around him hitting B til it registers. When you get to the same guy where the portals are covered, just stand to the right of one and when he goes to strike, dash left. That should cause him to break the cover. You only need two, then just do as before....
0 0