Review by wolverinefan

"More of the same"

I'm not a hunter in real life. I could actually care less about the "sport". With that being said I do check out these games as the wonderful 360 logs all played games and one day I would like to have played every single 360 game. But that has nothing to do with the third game in this series that has gone to the 360.

The past few games were either hit or miss. Neither being overly special. Fans will continue to east this title up though as it takes what made the last game decent and adds just a little more to it.

Graphically the game looks pretty good. I wasn't overly impressed with the fur on the animals as it looked a little jaggy but rest of the game looked pretty good and it's the best looking Cabela game so far.

The locations, while varied more so than the last two games, still didn't excite me. It is nice to have more than one location though so that was a plus.

Control really hasn't changed at all so fans will feel right at home. I would go into further detail but I don't see anyone but fans even playing this game or caring about it.

The animals do sound pretty good though and while not exactly realistic they do come very close. The guns do sound good though.

Like the last game you can pick to do a career or just go on a hunt. So it's up to you if you want a deeper experience or a quick one.

You can buy new weapons and hunting license as you go along in the game so the more you hunt the more you get to mess around with.

My only real complaint is that there are only about 25 different animals so it can get very old very fast. I do wish they would use a little more variety.

I did like how the different animals all acted differently towards you though. Some would run while others come running at you to slaughter you and eat your flesh. Not that you see that or anything.

I don't think the game has any on-line functions which seems a little silly but oh well. I'm sure like the last game we'll be seeing some downloadable content which should add a little more depth to the game.

Fans will enjoy this game for what it is. Not point checking it out if you hated the other games because it's more of the same and nothing new has really been done. Still though, it's a decent game but I wouldn't rush out to buy it.

Story - N/A
Graphics - 7/10
Sound - 7/10
Control - 8/10
Game Play - 7/10
Replay Value - 3/10

Final Score - 6/10

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 11/14/07

Game Release: Cabela's Big Game Hunter (US, 11/07/07)