Question from asicsjohnson

Weapon Modifications?

At some point in the game, are you going to be able to manually modify your weapons, as in; transfer scopes/clips/etc... from one gun to another? I haven't gotten too terribly far in the game yet, just a level ten, but I have seen no sign of this so far.

I was under the impression that you'd be able to do so. If I'm wrong, or if I am just looking in the wrong place, please let me know.

THANKS!

pyrox39 answered:

Nope, not possible. Weapons are as they come.
7 3

Answers

Freakyfrado answered:

I was under the same impression myself. Alas no. Still it's not all that bad.
2 3

Benwars answered:

Well, at the vendor you do have the ability to increase the magazine size (ammo capacity) for the different weapon types, so that could be considered a "mod".
4 1

tnelly12 answered:

No you wont. Im pretty sure what gearbox did was put the weapon attributes in as parts then the game engine makes the guns for loot. So the game does but you cant. Thats why there are millions of possibilities for weapon drops.
3 1

viperbody answered:

If you have ever played any of the Diablo games, the item and loot system is nearly identical. you cant modify the weapons yourself but there are a near unlimited amount of different weapons/class mods out there.
1 3

taetime answered:

You can not modify transfer scopes/clips/etc but you can add elemantal damage to your weapons.
you will get a this Achievements (You call this archaeology? (20) Apply an elemental artifact )
2 13

shamanshamun answered:

No you cannot, what the computer gives you is what you get. Basically, the big thing you'll be looking for is that randomly generated AWESOME weapon.The one that you can go brag about and show off its awesomeness. When you get the elemental artifacts that adds elemental damage to your special ability.
2 0

Archvelius answered:

@ taetime

the artifacts only modify your class skill. The bloodwing for mordecai, the phasewalk for lilith, the berserker mode for brick, and roland's turret.

In short, aside from class mods that modify the stats of ALL weapons (damage, crit rate, reload speed, firing rate, ammo regeneration, etc without actually changing any parts) there is no way to modify the weapons. There are something like 3 million different guns in the game, though, so you'll eventually stumble upon whatever it is you're looking for. The source of your confusion is probably the fact that the weapon generation system works by creating and combining myriad parts of weapons (barrels, scopes, stocks, etc). There's an algorythm that does the combining -- you don't actually do it yourself.
1 0

Yushamari answered:

The weapons are randomly generated to a certain extent. I've ran across exact similer weapons so for the most part weapons are randomly dropped, but there's hundereds of thousands of different weapons that were made. You will not at any part of the game, in exception to the maximum amount of ammo you can carry due to the ammo vendor, be able to modify your weapons.
1 0

ultimategamr954 answered:

No matter how hard you look or go to try to modufy the weapons it is simply impossible. But in the game they provide hundreds of different weapon combos and you can modify the ammount of ammo you can carry.
0 0

GlassEdge answered:

Weapons in Borderlands are scripted in a modular fashion, but are NOT player customizable. The ability to do so supposedly exists, but the street-shipped version of the game does grant access to any such features. For more information, see below.

The weapon generation system looks at a database of parts and builds a gun from a combination of them. Then it names the gun based on what parts it chose and ranks the rarity by the total number of parts used. Certain hand-crafted weapons exist as well, such as boss weapons. In general, weapon drops are handled in the same manner as most MMORPGs (basically a gigantic Excel spreadsheet).

That said, certain developers have made off-record comments about how the modular weapon system could actually be controlled manually by the player. One even said it was the idea that was once actually part of the game and was even coded into the engine. This leaves the possibility of custom-built weapons as an unlock in DLC or patches, though the balance of the game would change drastically. Should that ever happen, expect it to be a late-game or "New Game +" feature and not one available from the get go.

Hopefully that clears things up.
1 0

How do you get the 3rd and 4th weapon slots? Answered elie502
What does this weapon skill do? Answered 2Ton21
How do i get a corrosive weapon? Open Shortyollie
Weapon proficiency lvs? Answered xUSxGrimJoker
why can't I buy a weapon in Borderlands? Open hilara1hkr