Question from LightofDawn

Secret Shop in New Haven?

Across from the weapon machine/Marcus' shop in new haven, there is a (for lack of a better word) garage door. The first time in town I didn't even notice it, but one twice now I've come into town and it's been open with another weapon vendor (and big flashing arrows).

I was wondering whether it opens randomly or I did something to open it (and if so, what)?

I was between level 25-28

Those first 2 times I was >30, but it seems to be open every time since I turned level 30

From: Branaddar 5 years ago

Nobody has come to a consensus on this besides "it's random." Once your character is able to access it, it will randomly open or close with no discernable pattern.

Nobody can figure out what actions/quests/levels will allow the shop to open because a lot of people give anecdotal evidence at best, plus it doesn't open immediately upon meeting the requirements.

Look at any thread on the topic, you'll see a dozen people saying things like "it DEFINITELY only opens in co-op when you're level 30+" or "it DEFINITELY only opens after you have 100,000 dollars, turn around twice and teabag a dead skag."

Soooo yeah... "dunno" ;)

Me and a friend of mine were playing online co-op, he was level 30 and I was 29. He said the same thing to me, where did this vendor come from? But I only saw the garage door. As soon as I turned 30 I could use it, so I'm guessing it opens when you reach level 30.

I think i might be a time of day thing as well because sometimes when im there it is open but sometimes it is not. im not totally sure

I noticed that it opened after I completed the first Firepower quest, but it didn't stay open. I'm leaning towards the time of day thing.

it seems to be open immediately after completion of any of the Firepower quests

Not true, I did all the firepower quests, and it still wasnt open, it didnt open until I did a few more of the main storyline quests.

Its not really worth it to hope for it to appear as in the second playthrough the weapon levels in Firestone are up to lvl 40 while there its only 35.

Here's how I accessed it:

It was my second playthrough, and I was greater than level 40. I had completed all the first three quests for Crazy Earl, and it was daytime. After that, it's been open every time I looked.

Also, it is definitely worth it to wait for it, no matter the playthrough. I managed to buy a level 48 Orange revolver that, among other badass things, gave me awesome ammo regen rate.

Furthermore, the items it sells are always different from all the other weapon shops, and they have a strong tendency to be higher quality than the rest.

It just opens randomly.

Im lv27 right now and its open for me. Maybe it just opens randomly or when u finish a certain quest.

It opens randomly at a specific time of the day, night or somewhere inbetween I've seen it open at night one time, then open at day time. So there's no Exact calucation to when it opens or closes.. You just go there and pray it's open lol It usually has some pretty good stuff

Well from what i have seen, I'm level 35 and have never seen it open, i'm in new haven for extended periods of time, and it never opens. My friend, a level 46 (at the moment) brick on his second playthrough has nevr made mention of it and we play together alot and it's never opened so i'm gonna have to go with the random patterns, but hey who knows maybe the game god loves you more then the next dude?

It is very random, just keep on farming there and you will notice it open/close periodically. My guess is it is open more during the day time rather than night time

Branaddar answered the question as correctly as is possible at the moment....Please close this question, because that is the only answer you will find.