Review by seenan

"Ninja Gaiden II, hmm, more like "The Game That Kills The Rest.""

Hmm, there are slight spoilers, not at all a ruin. Don't read if you aren't past Chap. 3, or if you don't pay attention to the Scythe in Ryu's hand on the NGII Cover.

This is really a great game for anyone that doesn't mind a few decapitated bodies or blood everywhere. I gave it a 9/10 because, well, no one/things perfect. Only a lot of things are just under Perfect.

I gave this a gameplay rating that it deserves, the gameplay within this game [NGII], is incredible, with all the different kinds of weapons, the magic in a game [Ninpo] and the Ranged attack in a game [Shurikens/Bow/etc]. I'm not saying that all games with all these features of many different weapons/magic/range is the best at times, but hell, its still pretty cool to have a sword, and can be used to slice through whatever is in the way with intense speed.

Controls: 9/10

The controls, were given a 9/10 because come on, lets face it, the guy moves from one place to another within less than a second if you execute the dash right. Problem here is with the camera and that you can't really use moves/combos that easily when you're facing a boss that is faster than you are as a Ninja. Like, when you should be able to attack him at the point where hes infront of you, well that isn't right if you gets the hit on you, especially if he just did a combo. Mainly Genshin.

Graphics: 9.5/10

Demonic graphics here in this game. All around from the slice of the Dragon Sword, to the UT of the Eclipse Scythe you can SEE Ryu slice/hack them to bits as he uses the right buttons or combos. But there should've been more things to break...There was about 50 boxes or more that were suppose to be able to break by one small X or Y move to them. Only a .5 difference than 10/10, no big worry.

Sound/Music: Does this really need a Rating/Description? Well..8.7/10

Repeated sounds, but the real ones of slicing one's guts out or cutting their head's off.

[Stolen from other review] Rent or Buy?

If you have money to spare or need a game that will last you a while, Buy. If you just want to be an idiot and play one Chapter to judge, Rent & Fail. I know that I once judged it by Genshin's speed and crazy combos/attacks, thats until I learned to use healing items.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 06/09/08

Game Release: Ninja Gaiden II (US, 06/03/08)