Question from DJHexadecibel

What's with the Purple Matrix?

I found and unlocked the room in the Fissure locked with the Purple Matrix, but there doesn't seem to be anything of use inside it. Is this where the alternate weapon is, or am I missing yet something else?

Siegg answered:

The Purple Matrix opens a certain door (it has a bit of purple light around it) and all thats inside it are just some small podiums with little models of enemies from the old Bionic Commando, as well as a radio playing the old BC song, followed by a BioReign propaganda speech by Groeder I believe.

The prototype weapon replaces your normal pistol with a stronger pistol. You can tell the difference with the picture for the handgun, as well as how the handgun itself looks in Spencer's hand. The normal gun has a bunch of stuff attached to it as well as a really long clip, and the prototype weapon looks more like a normal handgun.
2 0

Answers

inkblotgod answered:

the purple matrix is similar to the other matrices that you acquire in the game. They open doors. I'm unsure of which matrix it is that you must play Bionic Commando Rearmed in order to open but I do know that there is at least one door that can be opened by playing Bionic Commando Rearmed.
1 0

gunhero answered:

The room is just a bonus room with some hidden goodies. Nothing useful.

You get the alternate weapon by finding the blueprint in BCR and then getting the code for it and use it in BC.
1 0