Review by agentpheonix

"Deus Ex: Gaming Revolution"

Hello! Welcome to my quick review for Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I was originally intending to write a full review for this game, but to be honest there is so much content in this game that it would probably take me a solid week to critique the game as a whole. So without further ado, my review:

OVERVIEW

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a role playing game developed by Eidos Montreal and published by Square Enix, and enters the Deus Ex franchise as a prequel to the events of the first Deus Ex game. You star as Adam Jensen, chief security officer for the cybernetic augmentations company, Sarif Industries.

The game focuses mainly on player choice, allowing the player to choose not only how to develop your character, but also how to approach any situation in the game and gives you multiple options to complete each objective.

PROS

+++Amazing gameplay, perfect mix of stealth, role playing, and action
++Augmentations are varied and fun to use
++ Great and engaging storyline
+++Large, immersive game world that really draws you in and keeps you wanting more
+++Great length, promotes additional playthroughs
++ Multiple paths and solutions to EVERY obstacle
+++ Gorgeous environments and artistic style.

CONS

-- Character models look a little dated. Not too big of a deal, but it really can make an impact in a game that relies so heavily on immersing the player in the game world.
-- Some iffy AI
-- Boss fights feel tacked-on and remove the option for a strategic / stealthy approach.
--- You know all those gorgeous CG cutscenes you've seen in the trailers? Yeah, none of them are in the game. Disappointing.

And that's about all that I can think of for Cons to be honest.

Overall, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is an extremely solid game that is well worth the wait and is very deserving to be a sequel (prequel) to such a highly acclaimed franchise, and is a sure contender for Game of the Year, and has most likely nudged itself into a spot on my top 10 games ever list.

Play this game, it's fantastic and you are really missing out if you pass this one up. It may not be perfect but the flaws are only noticeable to a nitpicker at best. This is one game where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

Overall rating: 9.5/10

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 09/07/11

Game Release: Deus Ex: Human Revolution (US, 08/23/11)