Question from Exvelocity

What's behind that door (Quest)?

I'm on the quest what's behind that door by sparing that one merc's life that the orc wanted you to kill. however, when I go to the quest location I just find a locked door, I have the key the merc gave me also, am I doing something wrong?

Hmm.. sounds like that might be true but i'll keep this open in case someone knows the way in.

What quest gives me the key to the dungeon itself?

From: Tanglefoot55 3 years ago

A lot of gamers are confused about the Rusty Key problem of not opening doors. You get this key from a Varn inside the Verita Mine. Later on in the game you will be given a quest by the Merchants Guild that is titled "Nutritrious Diet" The rusty key opens a door inside the mine. After you open this door the key stays inside your inventory but does not seem to open any other locked doors.

The same thing happened to me, luckily I had a save to go back to, to beat him to death. I think, perhaps, it's like some of the other transactions in the game, you've been had! He lied to save his skin!

if you talk to the orc he gives you a key,,,,,,,,,,,the door is still locked K

WTF, Im having the same issue. and I saved over it so now I cant go back... So what do I do with this Rusty Key...

The key is for a door inside the dungeon, not to the dungeon itself. Later in the game you will get a quest to it (as long as your doing sidequests). It's the only way to open that door inside.