Review by mrdeathforall

"Good game...Too short...Still fun"

Okay just to start I have to say I had so much fun playing this game. It's a great game and it's addicting. I played it and didn't set it down until I beat the game because it's so much fun. The game really revolutionizes the fighting game series. Burst Limit is a lot of fun and easy to learn.

I'm not going to be putting numbers down for my reviews I'm going to simply describe what I think about the game and why.

Gameplay

The Gameplay is amazing. You can use any move that is in the anime series and even a few more. The drama piece add a new effect into the game giving you options on powerups. The game no longer has customization abilities but instead the drama pieces give you short power ups and can always be helpful. The moves stop whatever attack your opponent is doing and shows a small cutscene. Sometimes they will increase you attack or defense or even increase the Ki regeneration.

Controls

The controls are simple. X to do normal attacks. Y to do smash attacks. B to unleash Ki attacks. A to guard. Just like in most of the series any attack can be unleashed simply by pressing a button combonation.

Sound

The game has really well done sound. The moves sound just like they do in the show and so do the voices. Everything is agreeably awesome. :D

Story

If you have seen the show you know exactly how the story plays out. I'm not going into a lot of depth about it simply because it's pretty self-explanatory...Bad guy shows up...Bad guy is strong...Good guys get beat...Bad guys kill people...Good guys train...Good guys do something awesome...Good guys kill bad guys. This is where one of the bad parts comes in...The game only goes to the Broly saga...Now if any of you people have no idea what I'm talking about...Basically you playing the Saiyan saga...Frieza saga...Cell saga...Broly saga...There is only about 100 fights in all and even though 100 sounds like a lot it's not. The game hopefully will be expanded upon in the next game without changing much.

Graphics

The graphics are much better then the other games in the series. The movement of characters are smooth and the character designs look awesome. During the fight with Frieza you will see spectacular scenes where Goku goes Super Saiyan and the graphics look almost exactly like the anime.

Replay Value

I would say the replay Value is pretty high because the game is so much fun. Unfortunately like I said the game is pretty short but I kept playing it after I beat it. This game is worth the money hands down. You will play it over and over and you can even play it online now so go out and have some fun.

In all the game is fun and there is always something more you can do. Playing online also adds a nice touch to if you don't have a friend to fight or you are bored of the computer. Basically what I'm saying is...Either click the "Check Prices" button...Or get out of your chair/couch/bed grab the car keys (or anyone that can drive) go to Wal-Mart/Best Buy/Whatever...And pick up a copy. Anyone that is a fan of the series will love this game.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 08/11/08

Game Release: Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit (US, 06/10/08)