Why does my Xbox 360 controller disconnect everytime I fight in a battle?

1. Whenever I fight in a battle, my controller suddenly disconnects. I read some people have the same problem too. The batteries are brand new and whenever I replace them just to make sure, it still happens. When I am inside a town or doing something else besides fighting in a battle, the controller is perfect. Could anyone please provide a solution for this? Right now what I did was turn off the vibration. I'll see what happens.

User Info: chinisters

chinisters - 7 years ago
    Does your controller disconnect with other games? Your X-box could have a bad receiver in it, in which case you will need to get it serviced

User Info: chungmaster2332

chungmaster2332 - 7 years ago

1. I just recently bought this game, and this had started happening to me as well. Your problem may already be fixed, but all I had to do was turn the vibration off, and voila!

User Info: FFVIII_01

FFVIII_01 - 7 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. I'm not really sure how to fix that problem. Only thing that comes to mind might be you need a new controller. Or if you have another controller try that and see if it still does the same thing.

User Info: lbeastm2002

lbeastm2002 - 7 years ago 0 1
  2. Four words:try some new batteries.

User Info: albinoyogurt17

albinoyogurt17 - 7 years ago 3 13
  3. Its either gonna be batteries or your receiver, get your Xbox checked I say.

User Info: Xdoop

Xdoop - 7 years ago 1 1
  4. xbox 360 uses the same waveband as Bluetooth, microwaves, wifi and cheap wireless stuff

make sure nothing is near it jamming it

User Info: Neouni

Neouni - 7 years ago 0 1
  5. If u have it try to use a classic controller i don't think that will disconnect

User Info: gatsu30

gatsu30 - 7 years ago 2 1
  6. Change your batteries ; )

User Info: pokemonz231

pokemonz231 - 7 years ago 0 4
  7. Is the controller just not reacting to battle commands? i.e. you cant control the fight, but pressing Y still brings up the menu? If so try hitting the Select button at the start of the fight. If you've accidentally caught this at some point it put all of the characters on Full Auto, rather than just the rest of your team. Pressing it again should give you back control of your character.

If nothing happens when you press any button, then I'd be stumped.

User Info: Lonewolf7139

Lonewolf7139 - 7 years ago 0 1
  8. The same thing happens to me, but only when the center light on the controller flashes; when its low on batteries. It seems to do it insanely often when I try to Grade farm on low batteries. Anything else, it doesn't go in and out nearly as often. I doubt the vibration has much, if anything to do with anything. If a new change of batteries doesn't work, you may have some interference, or something a bit buggy with that controller or the wireless connection between your controller and the 360.

User Info: ExireHG

ExireHG - 7 years ago 0 1
  9. I have had this problem a time or two. I would recommend if you have the money consider buying a rechargeable battery pack. I found that the standard battery holder doesn't fit tightly enough in the controller and has a tenancy to wiggle around when it vibrates and disconnects the controller. It has done it on two of my controllers both of which are Microsoft Xbox controllers. If that doesn't work then the previously mention answers may be closer to the problem you are having.

User Info: bluesorcerer

bluesorcerer - 7 years ago 0 1
  10. Buy a new controller, this time make it with a wire not wireless....or buy a wireless if u wish..

User Info: honorguard88

honorguard88 - 7 years ago 0 0
  11. If the controller itself works in battle, the problem is that you've got the character in the player 1 slot set to auto. Yuri might be set to manual, but if he isn't in the first party slot, it won't matter. If the controller itself is working, make sure that the character in the first party slot is set to manual or semi-auto.

If the controller is fully disconnecting (the console notification pops up), then the problem is likely with the receiver. You might need to get it serviced.

Bottom line, make sure your first character is set to manual or semi-auto. Other than that, I don't know.

User Info: Subeta

Subeta - 7 years ago 0 0
  12. I would say it's most likely your controller's battery pack. The packs that come with the controllers tend to be very loose in the controller itself. It could be the vibrations from battle are causing the pack to wiggle out of place, and disconnect you. Rechargeable battery packs fit the controllers a little better. I would try one of those. If the problem persists, either try a different controller, or get your box serviced.

User Info: Nenacu01

Nenacu01 - 7 years ago 0 0
  13. This does seem rather bizarre. Have you tried any kind of xbox live system updates? I can't imagine you'd need the paid premium level of service to just get those. You can also do it with a USB flash drive if you don't have it hooked up to internet. There should be instructions somewhere on the xbox.com site.

User Info: Barbaric

Barbaric - 7 years ago 0 0