Review by Pumpkin_Puncher

"A JRPG That Represents The 360 Well?"

Ok, first of all, I wanted to give this game an 8.4.

I couldn't do that bc when you write a review you can only place whole numbers in the score section.

This game has been "knocked" by some internet sites for having cliche'd characters. Imo, I think that is VERY misleading to readers. There is only one character that is truely cliche'd. Play the game and you will know who I'm talking about. I'll give you a hint. She has pink hair.

Despite that, the cast of characters are all like-able. The voice actors were chosen very well. There isn't a single character who has a voice that will annoy you.

The monsters battles are easy to avoid if you don't want to fight. Battles are also very easy to get into due to spawning enemies on the world map. The monsters and their abilities are interesting.

There isn't any monsters that have the Final Fantasy 7 aspect. If you don't know what I mean by that, I will explain. Final Fantasy had enemies that made you think "wtf?". Enemies like moving houses.............

The graphics are beautiful. HOWEVER, there are some npc's faces that have very little detail. It's very noticeable. I know that I'm nit-picking but it should be pointed out to you all.

Fighting is very fun. Grinding doesn't feel so much of a chore compared to other rpgs. Learn different ways to pull off combos and you will even have more of a blast. On the downside, it's kinda disappointing that the fight screen makes you run ALMOST only side-to-side instead of running up,down,left,and right. You can't free roam during battles. Once you play it, you will know exactly what I'm talking about.

The story is good as well. It will start slowly but that's nothing new to this genre.

SOME DOWN-SIDES...........................

The world map isn't huge and there isn't a reason to explore for anything. There is occasional tree stumps that gives rare items but it's nothing too important. You shouldn't even worry about it.

There are Cooking and Synthesizing are good ideas but they aren't "realized".
Lack of bosses are evident throughout the game.

The box cut-out scenes are out-dated.

BOTTOM LINE-

If this game didn't have the downsides mentioned above I would have given this game a score of 9 or 9.25.

It's STILL a good game and it's definitely worth $60.

Enjoy

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 09/02/08

Game Release: Tales of Vesperia (US, 08/26/08)