Review by ShinyFinder

"Blah blah blah, TIDAL WAVE"

Tales of Vesperia was my first Tales of game, so I did not know what to expect. What I got exceeded all my expectations.

There are a vast variety of characters, all with completely different personalities. They all have a special and different bond with each other and make the game very enjoyable.

The story is good, but beware, there is a LOT of dialogue. Skits can also be viewed during different parts of the game while doing different events. For example, if you haven't cooked in a long time, the characters will do a skit revolving around being hungry.

Graphics in Vesperia are stunning, it's a very beautiful game with a lot of detail and color. It's easy to admire the art used in it.

The music in it is amazing. From cute songs in Capua Torim to eerie ones in Mt. Tezma.

The battle system is great and each character plays a vital part in fights.
Everybody is in a different category when it comes to battling, from a dragoon to a mage. You can play with up to four players, but you must be playing from the same system.

Artes play an important part in this game, and with them, you can alter and create new types. You can also control whatever character you want during battle. Outside of battle, you can control any character in your party (excluding Repede).

There are hundreds of weapons, armor, and attachments you can buy and synthesize. With weapons, you can learn new abilities by mastering them.

Hundreds of monsters lurk within the world, all with unique appearances. Using a Magic Lens, you can view their information, like level, and what items they drop ,as well as fill up your Monster Book, a book that keeps track of monsters you encounter using a Magic Lens.

Enemies drop a plethora of items used for mostly synthesizing and for completing your Collector's Book, which is a journal that keeps track of items you have found or received.

Much more things can be done in Tales of Vesperia, from complex side quests to mastering a food recipe. Achievements range from getting all the titles available to synthesizing just one item. The only way to see all there is to do is to get it!

Overall, I am very happy I got this game. It is definitely in my top three list! I encourage others to get it.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 09/29/09

Game Release: Tales of Vesperia (US, 08/26/08)