Review by Cloud Strife

"One of the finest games you can own."

Honestly people need to stop looking in the past and embrace the future. This is a new Prince and a new Prince of Persia, it is time to let go and jump forward.

Gameplay - 10 out of 10

People have been bickering about how you cannot die in this game. That it eliminates challenge and what no. I don't believe that, the challenge is still there but the loading screens are not. I thought this was rather clever and well done. To those who wish to lose 25 minutes of their life staring at a loading screen, I suggest you go play Ninja Gaiden 2.

The gameplay in this game is really simple, and for me and many others, that is fun. If you're not looking for a game with a 5 hour learning curve then this is the game for you. Well, if you're also looking for a highly enjoyable experience that sucks you in and doesn't let you go until the end, this is it as well.

If you have played any other Perisa games then you should get what you expect, if not, this game is all about platforming and exploring. Pretty, simple huh?

The combat is fantatic this time around and plays out like Soul Caliber meets Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (I say this because of how cinematic and action packed the combat is).

Graphics 10 out of 10

I also hear people complaning about the graphics in this game which blows my mind because this game contains some of the best graphics I have ever seen in a video game before. I believe the coplaning comes from people expecting the game to look ultra realistic like every other game which is a shame. The art style is absolutely amazing and I love every minute of playing because of the beauty I embrace all around me as I jump and swing around. The detail is outragous as well if you look closely enough.

Overall, this game has the best graphics I've seen next to Gears of War 2.

Music - 10 out of 10

The music was delightful because it was so excellent and fitting or the game.

Pros and Cons

Pros-

No dying = No loading screen = Enjoy the game with no frustration = Have fun

Awesome music

Wonderful Artwork and graphical style

Plenty to do after you beat the game.

Cons-

Having trouble finding any, maybe one day I will.

Buy or Rent?

You can beat the game in a rent if you have tons of free time I'm sure, but buying this game is like buying a piece of artwork you love.

Honestly if I could I would hang this game up on my wall.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 12/08/08

Game Release: Prince of Persia (Limited Edition) (US, 12/02/08)