Question from TheCyborgNinja

How do I keep Professor Pester out of my garden?

Is there a permanent solution to remove him?

From: wyndestalker999 6 years ago

In my opinion the fence is the best solution. Yea you will occasionally hear his grunts when you are on that side, but that is why i put my bed of water there i ussually never have to go that far into the water so i never hear his pathetic grunts

Get the dragonache.

He will automatically fight professor pester and always win...unfortunately the newly torched pester will usually run through anything between him and salvation (so you might still lose a building or a tree...or 6 buildings).

It's the only thing I know of to automatically stop him, he'll at least never harm another pinata ever again.

The Limeoceros will attack Pester on sight and knock him out of the garden.

If you don't want a dragonache or limeoceros in your garden, then always keep one decoy pinata in your garden (I had 2 and he ignored them both and ate my most expensive pinata). And watch out- usually ruffians come in first (they are less destructive). If you don't have the sword it will give you warning that he's coming, and you can bribe him to go away.

It really is a pain though.

The best way is to keep 1 decoy in the garden in case of emergency. He always comes in from the back next to the tower of sour and only during the day.

When he comes in, pay him 500 coins and he will leave and not destroy anything.

I just leave around 6 decoys in my garden at all times, right by the tower of sour. Not once has he attacked anything but them.

my Limeoceros didn't do anything when Prof Pester came WTH?

You have to direct him to attack Pestor.

I find its better to pay him 500 coins and use a couple of decoys just in case you missed him. Sometimes he slips into the garden unnoticed. My dragonache beat Pestor in a fight and he ran right through my mine costing me a lot of coins to replace it.

You can fence him out, building it in a |________| Shape along the wall next to the tower of sour, However doing this makes him stand there constantly making strange grunting noises until he (occasionally) leaves.

To clarify some of these existing answers,

You do not need to direct a Limeoceros over to Pestor to gore him out of the garden. The pinata will do that on his own. However, it is possible for Pestor to enter the garden while the Limeoceros is sleeping and attack a pinata without waking it. It's also possible for Pestor to break a pinata if there is something in the Limeoceros' path blocking him from getting to Pestor.

If you use the wall trick near the Tower of Sour, there is a good chance that Pestor will become frozen and not be able to return to his lair after a couple visits. If this happens and you want Pestor removed, sell your walls and wait for your Limeoceros to see him. He'll gore him out, even though Pestor's on the other side of the white line.

dragonache will fight him (which puts him on fire but hey its all good), or a limenocerous will too.

Easiest is to use the decoy or to pay him 500 when you see him (before he chooses a target)