Review by angleslam99

"The name is Bond, James Bond."

As you are all aware, this is the game based off the first and second movie in the new 007 series. Being a James Bond fan for quite some time dating all the way back to Sean Connery's days as Bond, I was eagerly anticipating the new film "Quantum of Solace" after the extraordinary film "Casino Royale." The film was meh, this game however, is fun. Let's break this down.

Game play: First off, the game play is very easy and very fun especially if you play under "stealth mode." This game has a lot in common with Metal Gear and Halo in terms of gameplay and style. This is a very good thing.

Graphics: Pretty good for a 360 game, however they feel very last-gen for a next-gen console. This game is very simple but it works.

Replayability: Besides for acquiring achievements and finding all the hidden cell phones scattered all over the game, this game has no replayability. However it's a fun game and you might have fun playing through it again, but there's no real challenge because everything is spelled out for you during your first play through.

The story mode is quite short (most movie game are). You can find yourself beating this game (on Agent difficulty) in about 6-7 hours total. Now I know this game is called "Quantum of Solace" but this game is heavily based on "Casino Royale." This is what caught me off guard, out of the entire game (15 missions), only a few were from Quantum of Solace (the first 4 missions and the last mission).

Now, if you are asking yourself whether you would like to rent this or buy this, I say rent. This is a fun game, sure. But it has no replay value unless you want to take it online (there are better FPS for online play). I liked this game and I liked the hand to hand combat mini games, as well as the story (playing through Casino Royale is fun).

Overall this game is good, not so good that you would want to buy it (I rented it and finished everything in about 3 days, except online achievements). You like Metal Gear? Play this, I'm sure you'll have fun. The only downside I can really complain about is no splitscreen (I know, I was mad also) and short story mode. Otherwise, it's an entertaining game.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 12/02/08

Game Release: Quantum of Solace (US, 11/04/08)