Question from Ram_mari

How do I beat Hope's Summon?

How do I beat Hope's Summon in Chapter 11?

Attack, and heal yourself, i beat em with medic/ravager/commando

the summon yeilds to attack chains and healing

Didn't help at all. When I start with ravager/medic/commando Alexander (summon) kills me with the first attack. If I start with ravager/medic/sentinel I can last i bit longer but when I change to ravager/medic/commando during the match Alexander kills me like in a second. Feels like my HP is not enough.

HOPE HP: 1105
LIGHTNING HP: 1645
FANG HP: 1860

Do I have to do some little grinding or is there a solution to this problem?

Hope, Lighting and Fang. witch is given xD
It seems, you have less time here than in other summon battles, so cast
protect on everyone and then just attack him. switch to a Medic when HP gets
too low. You have to switch your pad fast dont wait till your blinking if you see your hp is half way then switch and heal also you may want to give hope two hp bangles just in case if u dont have the second assceroy slot then grind a bit

This one took me awhile, but i suggest the two following paradigms.

Hope/Light/Fang

Synergist/Medic/Sentinel (To start)
Medic/Ravager/Commando (For the rest)

Through up protect/shell at the start, and then switch to medic/ravager/commando. Most of your Gestalt points from this one are going to come from healing.

The one thing that really helped me is Refresh (or renew, w/e is is). If you have 4 TP points you can raise all your party members and heal to full twice in the battle. If you don't have that with hope grind a bit and grab it for him (I don't think its in his medic build, its somewhere). Get that and you should be good.

If you played hope offensivley through most of the game (accessories/builds/etc.) he's not gonna be strong enough to keep up with the damage this guy throws out. So being able to quickly get of a restart mid-battle helps alot.

Edit: One more thing. The reason for protect/shell is because he hits so damn hard. If hope is a good healer in your game, then go ahead and just start off as medic/ravager/commando. Protect/Shell just weakens the blows a bit to give you an edge.

Thanks for your help guys.

That was a piece of cake after a little grind stuff. Used ravager/medic/commando.

HOPE HP: 1565
LIGHTNING HP: 2045
FANG HP: 2060

I noticed that for the purposes of fighting an Eidelon, how high you get the chain bar doesn't really matter, only the fact that you are increasing it. In other words, the fastest way to fill up the gestault meter is to go rav/rav/rav. You don't need to try to stagger the enemy, just push its chain bar up. If the bar falls again, noone cares.

You want to to have Fang Com,Lightning Rav,and Hope Med.When he uses lofty challenge switch to Fang Com and Hope and lightning Rav.When he starts to attack you again switch back.