Question from Gamer_Girl87

How do I beat Nix (Snow's Eidolon)?

I've come this far just to get stuck. I'm playing with Snow now and can't beat Nix (the first Eidolon encountered) for the life of me. This Doom timer is what kills me cuz I can't beat the boss fast enough. I only have Commando, Sentinel, and Ravager. Can't use Ravager cuz Nix gains power from anything cold. Any tips or help would be nice cuz I'm gettin pissed off constantly dying.

Answers

AZorro007 answered:

All you need to use is Sentinel. Do not attack, just defend.

Manually load your Sentinel command string with Steelguard. Then time your execution of Steelguard to occur when the attacks occur. When the attack pause, hold back execution and/or take advantage to reload Steelguard.

Be sure to be defending with Steelguard when the stronger attack at the end of the repetitive sequence of actions occurs (Wheelgrind is one of those attacks) as that is when the Gestalt gauge accumulation occurs rapidly.

Press the "capture" key early - you might be surprised with a capture and there is no penalty for doing so.

You should have success in three or four cycles through the action sequence.
1 0

wezzer1991 answered:

if you are able after losing the first fight double up on the paradigms so you can make use of the auto fill ATB Gauge which is when you change just as the last segment is about to be used.

you only need to double up once

Paradigms
RAV
RAV
SEN
SEN

as nix stops to use ATB Gauge charge change to the ravager and use the auto fill ATB Gauge trick

this should be enough to beat it
0 0