Question from jj123455

How do I beat (orphan)?

Hey im stuck at orphan! my party is fang(commando) lightning(ravanger) and hope(ravanger) all got about 8000hp. Any help would be appriceated

Answers

comptonasstyler answered:

buffs and debuffs man. thats all most of the hard fights are. its been a while since i faught so i forget my tactic but keeping haste up, and slow on orhan at all times will make the fight much easier. Not the best answer but give it a try.
0 1

Dragon0640 answered:

Use the bully paradigm and once he is impareled, deshelled, and deprotected, use the delta attack paradigm. If you need to heal use the solidarity or the combat clinic paradigm. Once you stagger him, use the agression paradigm. On the second orphan battle, use billy again, then swich to relentless assault and once he is staggered use agression.
0 1

keroppi_therapy answered:

If it's that damn Merciless Judgement attack that's giving you a headache and wiping you out, I found that having a Sentinel in my party reduced the damage BIG TIME. My party was Fang, Hope and Vanille sticking to their main crystarium routes and as long as I switched to a SEN / HEA / HEA paradigm just as he was about to power up that attack then I could survive and heal quickly.

Although I haven't read this tip anywhere else, so if it's a fluke then I must've got a special disk...
0 1

Trail_mix45 answered:

Teach vanille & sazh sentinel also sazh medic teach snow medic have vanille use poison until it works have sazh as medic and snow on sentinel. then sazh and snow sentinel vanille as medic when poison runs out put back merciless judgment just have three sentinels the after wards three medics then just repeat.
0 0

whitechocobo answered:

Orphan Strategy:

Hey y'all. I've been playing games for ages but I only recently got into Final Fantasy, specifically FFXIII trilogy haha So for anyone still struggling with Orphan, here's the strategy I used:

Party:
Lightning, Hope, Vanille (all of them had their primary roles maxed out to Level 4).

Paradigms:
-Ravager/Synergist/Saboteur P1
-Commando/Ravager/Ravager P2
-Medic/Medic/Medic P3
-Ravager/Ravager/Ravager P4
-Commando/Ravager/Medic P5
-Commando/Synergist/Medic P6

Weapons:
-Gladius * level (Lightning)
-Ninurta * level (Hope)
-Binding Rod level 10 (Vanille)

First Form:
Start off in Configuration 3; he uses Merciless Judgement pretty quickly. Heal everyone to full health and then go into P1, so that you can begin staggering him whilst using buffs and debuffs. Once you're powered up enough/he's weak enough, switch to P4 and finish staggering him. Or, if you need to heal but want to remain on the offense, use P5. From there, switch to P2 and wail on him. Once his stagger period completes, switch back to P1 (by now, his debuffs and your buffs would have faded). Whenever he uses Merciless Judgement, or you need to heal, switch to P3. Continue like this until you win.

Second Form:
So! Much! Easier! You can use the same characters and therefore the same paradigms. You won't have to heal as often because his attacks are infrequent and less damaging. However, you have a time limit of 4000-5000 seconds. Use P4 to stagger him; you can't damage him unless you stagger him. Then switch to P2 or P5 and wail on him. Heal when necessary. Continue like this and you'll win. If you do lose, you'll just fight his second form, not his first form. However, it's highly unlikely that you'll lose to him.
0 0

Cannot beat orphan part 1? Answered Xxfirebird95xX
How do I beat orphan part three? Answered firepit72
How do I beat orphan in chapter 13? Answered firepit72
Barthandelus and orphan? Answered LakeVoorhees85
Orphan: first form stratagy.? Open gamecheatmaster