Question from TinyLao_Shan

Difference between connoisseur catalog and collector catalog?

I am wondering if I should transform my collectors catalog into a connoisseur catalog. Is there a difference? Or is it simply that the connoisseur gives a higher chance. Also does it have to be equipped to my party leader? Or anyone that is active? Thanks in advance.

Azn_Playah answered:

The catalogs are actually different in what they do. One increases the drop rate of the common drop while the other increases the drop rate of the rare drop. If you're hunting for the rare item get the connoisseur, if you want the common drops stay with the collectors. It can be equipped on anyone active and it'll work.
0 0

Answers

Name_of_User answered:

The catalogs also don't stack, so only equip one depending on what item you're looking for. If you're trying to get adamantoises to drop traps, only equip the connoisseur, or if you want platinum ingots, only equip the collectors. Having more than one of the same catalog equipped will not increase chances of item drops any more, so there's no reason to have more than one. Also, having different catalogs seem to cancel each other out, so use one at a time.
0 0

Where can I find Connoisseur Catalog? Answered Hawnk54
Collector catalog??? Answered badger69p
Collector Catalog? Answered armageddon_come
Does equiping more than one Collector Catalog improve %? Answered GaMePlAyr
Where can I find another Survivalist Catalog? Answered Thomiroth