Question from TinyLao_Shan

Difference between connoisseur catalog and collector catalog?

I am wondering if I should transform my collectors catalog into a connoisseur catalog. Is there a difference? Or is it simply that the connoisseur gives a higher chance. Also does it have to be equipped to my party leader? Or anyone that is active? Thanks in advance.

From: Azn_Playah 4 years ago

The catalogs are actually different in what they do. One increases the drop rate of the common drop while the other increases the drop rate of the rare drop. If you're hunting for the rare item get the connoisseur, if you want the common drops stay with the collectors. It can be equipped on anyone active and it'll work.

The catalogs also don't stack, so only equip one depending on what item you're looking for. If you're trying to get adamantoises to drop traps, only equip the connoisseur, or if you want platinum ingots, only equip the collectors. Having more than one of the same catalog equipped will not increase chances of item drops any more, so there's no reason to have more than one. Also, having different catalogs seem to cancel each other out, so use one at a time.