Review by BurningNovaFire

"Worthy of a Numerical Milestone?"

As a fan of the series, I've come to love Final Fantasy games, most of all the story. This one ranks among my favorites. I shall rate the game based on the following: Graphics, Story, Gameplay, and Sound.

Graphics: This may be the best looking RPG I've ever seen. The detail in the character models are fantastic along with the environment. The FMV's are also very well taken care of. Note though: As for the Xbox 360, they sometimes look a little fuzzy, but nothing that should change you mind with what platform you should decide to buy on. RATING: 9/10

Story: The story is very engrossing. It's not so much that you want to find out what happens next, it's that you want to find out what happens at the end. In my personal opinion when a game can hook you in the very beginning to where you want to play just to find out the ending, it's done it's job in the story department. It also moves very fluidly from point to point throughout. RATING: 9/10

Gameplay: It gets interesting here. This is where the game shines because it's a constant struggle to stay on your feet during battle. You get all the choices when it comes down to how you wanna defeat you foes. The Paradigm system is great because it keeps you on your toes and keeps you thinking. You will have to switch Paradigms often to be able to counter-act you enemy, and more often than not it will be in the heat of battle. There are six classes for you to mix-n-match with during the span of the game. Only three of which will be available to each character in the early stages. RATING: 10/10

Sound: As a fan of Final Fantasy music, this game let me down just a little bit. I was late to hear that one of my favorite composers of all time by the name of Nobu Uematsu was announced to score some music from this game, was then selected to compose music for Final Fantasy XIV. Thus making this the first game in the numbered Final Fantasy series with out music from Nobu. As for the rest, the battle theme is good, and the background music stays in the background. I must admit that there are some times in the game that you stop just to listen to some of the tunes. RATING: 7/10

Overall: Great game and worthy of a numerical milestone, otherwise known as XIII. RATING: 9/10

Thanks goes out to GameFaqs for letting me contribute to this great site!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 03/16/10

Game Release: Final Fantasy XIII (US, 03/09/10)