Review by Assembler114

"The supreme sequel to Retro Evolved"

Geometry Wars:Retro Evolved 2 is a wonderful sequel to the arcade boomer Geometry wars: Retro Evolved. It's been awhile since we had a new installment hit the Xbox live arcade, so this was a welcomed addition. It consist of everything someone would ask for in a sequel. Let's break it down in to categories:

This game is simple gorgeous looking on, not to mention it runs native at 1080p. You can obviously see the difference between the prequel and this one in Graphics. The style is also a bit different this time around. They seem to have went for a more digital feel, and I must say, they have made the right choice. Simply astonishing!

Music: 10/10

The music in the first one was kinda lacking. In this game, we have a variety of different tracks that play. They all matter on which game mode you play in. Each track seems to have the ability to get you pumped up for the action you will be absorbed into very soon. Also if you're a fan of the Evolved track from the first game, it has returned... and it's REMIXED!

Gameplay: 10/10(Maxed)

In most area this game does great in, but in the Gameplay section, this is where the game excels in. There consist of 6 different game modes within the game, with each being completely different from the other. The name of the modes are Deadline, which is basically the classic mode with a 3 minute time limit and unlimited lives(No bombs by the way), King which is when you're able to access safe zones, and shoot only from within them, Evolved which is the Classic Evolved from the previous installment, Pacifism which is nostalgia over the pacifism achievement in the first game, but this time its a whole game-type, Waves which is where you have no lives, no bombs, and you must destroy wave after wave of enemies, and finally Sequence which is like an arcade mode if you understand. It consist of 20 stages, and you must get to the last stage. Noticing all of this, it made me realize they really went all out this time around.

It's been awhile since there was a must buy arcade game, but July 30th was finally a day we received another one. I hope everyone is able to enjoy this game as much as I was.

HAPPY GAMING!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 07/30/08

Game Release: Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 (US, 07/30/08)