Question from s1lv3w0lf

Where/what is the best bow, and arrows?

I'm looking for something better than Falon'din's Reach and simple Fire and Ice arrows

widget624 answered:

The best bow in the game is the Farsong
Requires: 34 Dexterity
Damage: 9.60
Critical chance: 1.60%
Armor penetration: 8.80
Range: 45.5
Strength modifier: 1.00
Effects: +2 Damage
+3 Ranged Critical Chance
+10 Attack
+10% Critical Damage

dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Far_Song
3 1

Answers

zzenigmaxzz answered:

The best bow i have found is marjorlaine's recurve which you can get from completing leliana's character quest.
1 2

Dragonmastrd answered:

Margorlane's bow from Lelianas side quest is better than Falon'dins Reach. I had that bow and did the quest and switched it out. I dont know about arrows though.
2 3

cdgammer answered:

Ice Arrow for Dragons
1 1

Geesnutz answered:

The farsong sounds like it is probably the best, but ive always liked to have rapid aim bows. One way around this is to purchase Camenae's Barbute from Gorim AFTER Orzammar is opened (or maybe after your 2nd main quest, Iwent to orzammar 2nd) Its a helm with rapid aim and a chance to avoid missile attacks, but it requires 30 strength. Though there may be other better equipment that aids rapid aim. Also the helm doesnt cost much and adds a codex
1 3

phenderl answered:

Yes, the best bow is Far Song as posted. As for the other guy who likes rapid aim bows, there is equipment other than bows that grants you rapid aim. For example, in RTO there is the Repeater Gloves that give you that buff. However, I forgot if there is any equipment outside of DLC that grants this buff to you (other than bows of course).
1 1

_CaptainHappy_ answered:

The best bow is bought from the replacement blacksmith once Owen is killed. Its called Far Song, and is by far the best bow in the game. If you killed him well 2 bad you can't get the bow.
1 1

_CaptainHappy_ answered:

1 1

_CaptainHappy_ answered:

Sorry about the double post and this other post but i can't delete them I should tell you that in my last sentence when i said him i meant owens replacement and its only rumors ive heard that you can kill him.
1 1

Zura1 answered:

Compare the stats and see which one is better to you:

Far Song
+2 Damage
+3 Ranged Critical Chance
+10 Attack
+10 Critical Damage

Marjolaine's Bow
+3 Cunning
+3 Damage
Rapid Aim

In my opinion the Far Song is a better bow and can be retrieved by the replacement Blacksmith.
1 1

JohnSay answered:

Here is the list of available arrows in the game:

Ice Arrow - +2 Ice Dmg
Fire Arrow - +2 Fire Dmg
Arrow of Filth - +3 Nature Dmg
Elf-Flight Arrow - +6 Attack, Chance to stun
Andraste's Arrows - Interrupts Spellcasting
1 1

What armor is Prince Bhelen wearing ? Open TheRealPutnam
Best/Good/Paragon Ending, Help!!!? Open Asura657
Trouble after using Tome of Physical Technique? Open Ascheritte
Letters of Condolences? Answered Anthony_Wallace
What does Alistair like? Open Magicuser22