Question from WhackaCrow

What is the best party team for a first playthrough mage?

Hi,

I was wondering what three party members I should use for my first playthrough of the game. I am playing as a mage, and I am thinking of being an Arcane Warrior and a Blood Mage.

I have the Stone Prisoner DLC too.

Thanks

From: monkmith 5 years ago

Pretty much you need to have a warrior, a rogue, and another mage. Alistair, Shale, or even the dog make great warriors, though in my experience Alistair tends to live the longest. the rogue is needed mainly to open locks, so you're pretty much limited to Leliana. for the mage, you need someone who can heal. Wynne is the logical choice, but you can build Morrigan into an adequate healer given time.

beyond that you should remember that the game can be played with any combination of characters, in fact a team of three mages and a rogue works quite well if you have the right settings.

If ur a mage i suggest having at least i tank to absorb damage, go for allister with juggs armour. next id have a healer if ur gonna be a bood mage, so either use wyne who is already a proficient healer and then give her some offenceive capabilities or use morrigan and make her a spirit healer at lev 14. for your final person i suggest either sten as an offensive tank or a rougue either an archer or duel wielder eithe is fine it depends on your play style. you could have both making leliana an archer or zevran a swordsman personaly i prefer leliana as her bard abilities are usefull.