Review by toddillus

"Why we had to wait this long for a great batman game I'll never know."

Before I begin please note this is my first review. With that out of the way lets get to the game. For as long as I can remember I've wondered why is there no good Batman games. Well I'm happy to say my wait and as I'm sure a lot your guys wait is finally up.

Story.10/10
The story is pretty simple. At the start Batman is taking The Joker to Arkham after an event at Gotham's city hall. Not even ten minutes in and Joker is free and running wild and it is up to Batman to stop Joker and all of our other favorite villeins from making an army of Banes. Now I know I said the story is simple but it is still vary entertaining and will keep you on the edge of your seat the whole time.

Game Play.9/10
The game play is what makes this game for me. For once they treated a Batman game the way it needs to be treated. First thing you will encounter is a fight scene giving you a great taste of whats to come from the rest of the fights in the game. But the fighting isn't what does it for me. Its all the awesome detective work you get to do. This ranges from setting up a crime scene to pick up a trail to finding clues as to what happened in the area you are in. Last is the sneaking around. While I must admit I'm not great at it it's still a lot of fun to do. You really get the feeling you playing Batman in this game.

Visuals/Sounds.10/10
Lets face it this game is gorgeous and the sounds and the music are just great. I have spent much time just looking at everything that is around me. It's a lot of fun to look around for little things they put in for us hardcore Batman fans. The music really sets the mood for you. During an intense fight it'll pick up and while your sneaking around it will quit down a bit and get a little creepy. The music will really put you in the right mind set for every situation you are in.

Re-playability.10/10
While I haven't finished the game (I'm almost done) I can already tell I will be going back for at least a second time. There is a lot to do in this game and a lot to miss in one play through. I know I will be going back to try and solve every riddle the Riddler has left and to find all his trophies. And I haven't even started any of the challenge rooms.

In conclusion all I have to say is if your a Batman fan in anyway it would be a mistake not to at least rent this or borrow from a friend to play it. But I urge you to go buy it so the makers can see we really liked there work and would really like to see another one.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 08/28/09

Game Release: Batman: Arkham Asylum (US, 08/25/09)