Review by championman3

"Halo 3: ODST... The first average Halo."

Halo 3: ODST

------------------------------
Overview of Campaign
------------------------------

To begin, I believe that ODST was a victim of a fatal treatment, Over-expectation. However, this is my second time playing a Halo game,(Halo 3 was First), so I have not too much pre-experience with the series.

Graphics: This game graphics is a slight improvement from Halo 3, however, since the city you play in is dark, I never saw the fine details in various items and such. Still, the graphics are as good as ever. 9/10

Gameplay: Roughly 1/3 of this game is just free-roaming. Sadly, this free-roaming is the dullest and most boring part of the game. Nothing in the free-roaming part pushed me to do anything but to get to the next part. However, the normal missions with objectives were the only part that appealed to me. The HP system is pretty clever in the fact that your stamina is just Odst shelds, which is a little sad, because it's recycled ideas. Also, the game length was quite short, which is bad since the game was mainly focused on the story. Still, the game appealed to me, but it still was a noticeable let-down. 7/10

Plot: The plot was a good one, but there was too much plot holes to fully enjoy. Grabbing a special item triggers a "flash-back" which puts you in the boots of another ODST. This was a clever idea, to be honest. The whole plot is a jumbled mess until the last couple of missions. At those missions, the story-line is quite good and juicy. Still, the Plot is good, bot it could of been better in too many ways. 6/10

Summary: The overall campaign is good in many ways, but most of it is recycled from Halo 3, and too much of it is dull and tedious. It has potential, but its flaws dull its shine. Overall Score: 7/10
-------------------------
Review of Firefight (Note that this is just gameplay)
-------------------------

This side mode to the story is very fun and addicting. You fend off unlimited waves of enemies with a limited number of lives. You are the same ODST in the campaign, limitations and all. As time goes on, skulls are turned on and the enemies get harder to kill. These skulls go on in order, but you can't control them. Also, this game mode is very replayable.
Summary: This mode is the best of the additional modes, I had fun playing it. Overall Score: 9/10
-------------------------
Summary of Game: Halo 3: ODST was a game that appealed to my gullet, but it could of been better in too much ways. Bungie made a good game, but it's not the best attempt so far.

Overall Score: 7/10

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 10/01/09

Game Release: Halo 3: ODST (US, 09/22/09)