Best place to find deer?

1. I'm on Master Hunter Rank 2, it says I have to skin 5 deer but all I can find are buck - which don't fill up my challenge meter. I've looked at the map and gone to the three or four 'deer' places found around the staring areas, but all I find are wild horses and dogs! Do I need bait? Do I need to wait until later in the game? Where the deer at!?!?!

User Info: ultimagameboy

ultimagameboy - 6 years ago
    Ha ha! Such fate . . . only minutes after posting this question, I give up, ride towards Armadillo - and come across about 10 deer! Of all the places after searching for them, I came across them:

directly north of the 'deer' symbol and the 'r' in the 'Fort Mercer' label on the in game map, and west of the 'dog'/'wolf' symbol just south of Armadillo!

User Info: ultimagameboy

ultimagameboy - 6 years ago

1. It seems to me that the game purposely makes it harder to find the wildlife you need for the challenges. The places marked on your map are still your best bet for finding the indicated animals, though.

User Info: mikekearn

mikekearn - 6 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Cholla Springs seems to be best. But deer are everywhere.

User Info: The_Bean

The_Bean - 6 years ago 0 0
  2. Here's an animal location map:
    www.strengthgamer.com/Red_Dead_Redemption_Guide.html

2nd map on the page

User Info: accinelli_04

accinelli_04 - 6 years ago 1 0
  3. I find the biggest thing is the time of day to hunt all the animals in the game. Deer are found all around at dawn and wolves and coyotes are found all around after midnight for example.

User Info: ryanmac0

ryanmac0 - 6 years ago 1 0
  4. Anywhere in cholla springs and tall trees

User Info: BedHead97

BedHead97 - 6 years ago 0 0
  5. the Great Plains is the best place where i go for deers because you can also kill some wolves at the same time

User Info: BrettThe

BrettThe - 6 years ago 1 0
  6. The great plains there are tons of animals search around your house

User Info: moosess1

moosess1 - 6 years ago 1 0
  7. Tall trees is a good place for all kinds of stuff including deer. Just watch out for the tons of bears around there. It seems like once one appears, at least 3 or 4 more also appear shortly thereafter.

User Info: Doolz2024

Doolz2024 - 6 years ago 1 0
  8. Go to tall trees, kill a few, more will spawn.
    Short and to the point.

User Info: M_r_Orange

M_r_Orange - 6 years ago 0 0
  9. I think the forest of dene is the best place to find deer,
    because i once saw one in the daytime

User Info: lolzbox

lolzbox - 6 years ago 0 0