Question from ultimagameboy

Best place to find deer?

I'm on Master Hunter Rank 2, it says I have to skin 5 deer but all I can find are buck - which don't fill up my challenge meter. I've looked at the map and gone to the three or four 'deer' places found around the staring areas, but all I find are wild horses and dogs! Do I need bait? Do I need to wait until later in the game? Where the deer at!?!?!

ultimagameboy provided additional details:

Ha ha! Such fate . . . only minutes after posting this question, I give up, ride towards Armadillo - and come across about 10 deer! Of all the places after searching for them, I came across them:

directly north of the 'deer' symbol and the 'r' in the 'Fort Mercer' label on the in game map, and west of the 'dog'/'wolf' symbol just south of Armadillo!

mikekearn answered:

It seems to me that the game purposely makes it harder to find the wildlife you need for the challenges. The places marked on your map are still your best bet for finding the indicated animals, though.
2 0

Answers

jaycz64 answered:

Cholla Springs seems to be best. But deer are everywhere.
0 0

accinelli_04 answered:

Here's an animal location map:
www.strengthgamer.com/Red_Dead_Redemption_Guide.html

2nd map on the page
1 0

ryanmac0 answered:

I find the biggest thing is the time of day to hunt all the animals in the game. Deer are found all around at dawn and wolves and coyotes are found all around after midnight for example.
1 0

BedHead97 answered:

Anywhere in cholla springs and tall trees
0 0

BrettThe answered:

the Great Plains is the best place where i go for deers because you can also kill some wolves at the same time
1 0

moosess1 answered:

The great plains there are tons of animals search around your house
1 0

Doolz2024 answered:

Tall trees is a good place for all kinds of stuff including deer. Just watch out for the tons of bears around there. It seems like once one appears, at least 3 or 4 more also appear shortly thereafter.
1 0

M_r_Orange answered:

Go to tall trees, kill a few, more will spawn.
Short and to the point.
0 0

lolzbox answered:

I think the forest of dene is the best place to find deer,
because i once saw one in the daytime
0 0