Question from arianxbox

HELP! Where is the first treasure (New Austin)?

I have a black and white picture including a cross mark and stones guide me to the first treasure
my problem is what they mean and where New Austin and treasure are

If you look closely at the treasure map, you'll see a noose hanging from the tree in the picture. There's a tree just like that at Hanging Rock, which is found north of Armadillo. Check the north side of the mountain for a pile of rocks, which is where the treasure is buried. Also, New Austin is the name of the entire area you're in. There are three areas in the game, though you can't access all three from the beginning (without glitching, anyways).

All you have to do is go to armadillo look at your map and look about north west to find hanging rock and behind the big rocks go inside the rocks on the right you will find it.

If you go to the hanging rocks there's a huge rock next to a tree there is a gap. The treasure is in the gap.

It's inbetween two big boulders in Hanging Rock.