Question from Bow_to_Wesker

I downloaded "Broken Steel" today, but nothing seems different... Any help?

I downloaded and installed "Broken Steel" but nothing seems different at all. Do I need to have "Operation: Anchorage" and/or "The Pitt" installed first for it to work?

Bow_to_Wesker provided additional details:

Well, I HAVE completed the game. I opened up a char that was already at level 20, but it said the level was maxed out, there was no exp gain. Then, I tried a character that was already at the end of the game, I went into the Purifier and entered in the code. All that happened was the regular ending... I have no idea what's up!

Well, I read the beginning the FAQ in here and it clearly said you CAN go in yourself. I'm not sure about "installing it" or anything. When I start FO3, it says "Loading Extra Content", and under the "Downloads" tab it says "Broken Steel", so I don't know.

I suppose I could try sending in Ms.Lyons and see if that changes anything, but IDK. Iwanna play w/ the Tesla Cannon :(

I suppose I'll try it later and see if anything change, thanks.

Well, I looked at that and it says that apart from some Achievement/Gamerscore issues, the Xbox one works fine. Oh well, I spose I'll just try some stuff after college tonight :/

mahmahnator2992 answered:

Just sit through the regular ending, I was confused when I downloaded it too, but the regular ending is still exactly the same, its not until AFTER it that Broken Steel starts
0 0

Answers

Silentdude answered:

You need to complete the normal storyline first and you continue the broken steel missions from there. No you dont need the other DLC for it to work. I'm not sure about whether you can go above lvl 30 before finishing the normal story, but my guess is that you can.
1 0

Silentdude answered:

hmm, once the DLC is downloaded do u have to do anything else with it? for e.g. install it? have you tried sending your follower in instead because u can do that with the broken steel installed.
0 0

Silentdude answered:

well from what you've described it should all be working. I cant understand why it would just do the normal ending.

Well i've just looked in the forums on the official fallout 3 website and their recommendation is to redownload it if you have any problems due to a corruption problem and some bugs. Sorry i cant give you any info but heres the link if u want to look for yourself www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=987430
0 0

Boseiju answered:

You might just have to wait a few in-game days. That was always the case with Oblivion stuff.
0 0

ford_id42 answered:

If you've downloaded and installed the DLC, then it should work just fine. Go and finish the normal part of the game - activating the Purifier - and you should see the normal ending. But instead of going to credits, it will load up a new screen. It will say "TWO WEEKS LATER" and things should go from there. If that doesn't work, and if you're on a PC, uninstall and reinstall it. If you're on Xbox 360 then you should be OK, it will load up fine.
0 0