Question from 1982blacksheep

Where can i find a home to keep my stuff?

I want a house already ....please help

1982blacksheep provided additional details:

Lol well i'm glad i'm not the only one, i herd you can get a room at lucky 13 casino but turns out its a real pain just to figure out how to get on the vegas strip...well at least for me....ive been playing for a good 16 hours now and still havent got a house and i'm getting pissed lol

I know about novac and on my frirst game play i threw all my stuff in there and played the game for hours n finaly returned and it was all gone....i havent been to the strip yet kinda dont want to yet...seriously dose anyone have the guide yet ? if so tell me where are the safe houses????

Yushamari asked for clarification::

I can't help you with your permenent house problems, but the best solution I have is to store your items in the dumpsters next to the general store in Goodsprings. It's a quick access place and none of your items disappear. Plus you can easily travel to the stores next door on your way back to wherever you came from.
Sorry I can't provide you with an easy house location.

bllllaaaahhhh i know about novac already.....and i know about the casinos...like when house gives you the room and your bed says MY BED....but i dont want to live in the casinos ......SERIOUSLY!!! are there no perments houses/safe houe that you can spruse up in this game?....i orded the book but havent gotted it yet ...dose anyone have the book and can tell me if there is what i'm looking for????

i'm just gona HAVE to wait for my guide to be sent to me........blah

BRANTLY_75 asked for clarification::

Ok ive found one after several hours of play. Now there are a few rules u must follow. It is at NOVAC. just follow the story to get there. This will also give you BOONE as a partner. so you must do boones quest untill the objective says search the dino- something lobby. then u go and pickpoket the lady and steal her key and then go to the vault in the floor behind her counter and get the bill of sale. now wait till about midnight and go to her actual house and talk to her and tell her to follow u in front of the dinosaur and when she stops walking put his beret on. and he will do work son. u can then show him the bil of sale. and he will join u. now go to the shop and talk to the guy and he will thank u and hive u a key to the top motel room on the left an it is permanent. u might have to do something else to get ur famousness up with novac and there is something very simple to do this. and simply go to the guy with the cows and say that u will help him. wait till midnight and go behind his cows fence and wait till the nightkin show up and kill it. and talk to him again and ur good to go.

Seriously, I can barely understand him...

I like to decorate my house like i did in fallout 3 also its anoying how you cant dress your companions the way you want i wanted to dress veronica in the nauhty nite wear buuuut nooo how is her defult outfit more durable then normal leather armor
??

Cheesemonster answered:

You can get a motel room to keep at the town called Novac. The main story will take you there before long.
5 0

Answers

ItsNami answered:

Although i'm still looking for the same answer, i can give you some temporary help..

Search around the Yangzhe Memorial on the eastern side for a Medium large stone with a white peace symbol painted onto it. That stone is a hallowed out rock, in which you can keep your items. Although, I would test it out first, just to make sure the items don't disappear on you.
0 1

Bel_Rain answered:

Yeah no kidding man. My friends and I are getting seriously annoyed with having to drag all this crap around and not having a place to dump the stuff we don't want to sell. Any help would be much appreciated. On a side note one of my friends has a guide but he is useless when it comes to looking up stuff so he said he didn't see anything about a house but I highly doubt he looked very hard.
0 0

edmullins73 answered:

I've been using "Victor's" house in the town you start in (Goodsprings). There is a desk, an ammo box, and an oven that you can store stuff in. I've tested it out and the items haven't disappeared yet. As far as a permanent house, I don't know because I'm not real far into the game yet. But if you need something stored temporarily, try Victor's house. (if you don't know who Victor is, he is the robot that dug you out of the grave at the beginning of the game).
0 0

BlkWolf99 answered:

You can use the Mojave Express Dropboxs as storage space, they are great for when you need to move a ton of stuff across the map and don't wanna take 100 trips, and they never respawn
1 0

ketnerj answered:

I've been using the Gas Station in Goodsprings, so far nothing has disappeared on me.
*Goes to check again...
1 0

Bel_Rain answered:

I don't think he means a Temporary Solution. I think he means an actual House like the Megaton home from Fallout 3, at least that's what I think and would like a positive location for :)
1 1

BTWL47 answered:

4 0

LegomahKilo answered:

There are so far 2 LEGIT places...When you get to the Casino Strip, Novac(make sure to pay for the room)
0 0

ppettie answered:

I just use random houses and shacks I find wandering through the desert. In this game, most of the houses are empty and you can sleep in the beds. You won't get the 10% XP for being well rested though. These places have wardrobes, dressers, lockers, refrigerators, etc and you can fast travel to and from them as needed. Just a thought if you do not want to be bothered with paying for motels and the FREE VIP suites on the Strip.
0 0

loksang answered:

I use Jean Sky Diving, it is east of Good Source Springs and the campfires and a bed in an abandoned RV. It has a bunch of empty lockers.I have about ten hours of game time on Hardcore mode with no problems so far, and I just store the stuff it would really make me angry to lose on Edd-E.
0 0

gegunga123 answered:

I found Doc Mitchell's house has a nice footlocker I use (Y)
0 0

wackybobo answered:

If you're not using something then you should sell it, its just weighing you down. this will help you get onto the strip too if you're not gonna get the passport
0 0

KakeryTheBakery answered:

Complete the quest "Come Fly with me", then talk to Manny Vega to get idolized status with Novac, then talk to Jeannie May in the lobby for a room, and she should give it to you for free and to keep
0 0

chrisyg103 answered:

I found a couple of faction houses but I doubt that will help you, just get the Lucky 38 suite until you progress far enough to get one of them.
So far I've found the NCR safehouse and the Legion safehouse, yes they actually say safehouse and require a key to enter.
I also found the Followers safehouse but IDK what faction that is, and a BoS abandoned bunker near Camp Forloan Hope that requires a key but idk if thats a house, but I'm seriously hoping it will be, probablly awesome too.
0 0

Mike_The_Killa answered:

At the moment, you can use Victor's Shack. He never goes in there, you can use the bed, and you can't take anything then be marked as a thief. Plus, the boxes never delete the things you put in there.
0 0

Sassty answered:

I used Victor's house in Goodsprings without a problem. Eventually you get a suite in one of the casinos (Lucky 38), which I'm guessing isn't a permanent solution, either. But, both places are safe to store things in at least.
0 0

ehkowarrior answered:

Ultra-Luxe at 75% winnings, Gamorrah at 75% winnings, lucky 38 is Plot based, The Tops is plot based, Novac has one for doing Boone's Quest.
For the start, there are several Sasparilla boxes behind the general store in goodsprings that arent owned. but generally unless its a unique named item, Sell it as there will be many many more like it, or just put it into any of the following containers as they don't reset: Ammo box, First Aid Kit, Gun/Armor Case(Footlocker Image), Gun/Armor Cabinet(Dresser Image), Gun/Armor Locker(Various metal shelf+Door or rusty iron school locker Image.
Basically any container that doesnt have misc items in it. a new exception to the rule in New Vegas is the Vending Machines, these are now restocked, while they weren't in fallout 3.
The Safehouses are empty up until you receive the key for reaching Idolized rep with that faction, (tested by using the "unlock" console command) at which point you recieve a benefit from that faction. IE Aid items from Followers of the Apocolypse
0 0

therazor15 answered:

I hope you already found it but the best bet is the Lucky 38 penthouse. You get it as long as you at least talk to mr house. You don't even have to side with him or do any of his missions. As soon as you leave his penthouse you get the presidential suite and from there you can leave your stuff and buy new furniture and the like for your room. So the andwer is The Lucky 38 presidential suite on the Strip
0 0

Neoncamouflage answered:

I personally use a place called Harper's Shack. Believe that's the name. Just below the REPCONN site and it has beds, a campfire, both crafting benches. Only bad thing is proximity to deathclaws if you have a hard time with them and no safe storage, but you can use both your companions to store tons of items so that's really no problem.
1 0

LegomahKilo answered:

Novac is the best safe house bc you got the Mojave Dropbox+ if you find another to store equipment etc.
My opinion... not too much loading and you dont have to travel as far, for Novac sits in the middle
0 0

Prodicalx answered:

Not to be rude, but you have a whole freaking town to have to yourself (even though it's burning). Not to mention you can have the town hall. The town hall should serve plenty well as a house for you. There was never a actual need for a house anyway.
0 0

chrisyg103 answered:

I like to use the scavenger's platform
pros- lots of ammo boxes for storage, campfire, radio, bed, lots of tires and barrels for decoration (I made a fort :D), no enemies, ramp for easy acces in and out of water, Its a freaking house on the water, small swim to land, awesome jaws feeling at night, also a ramp/platform on land
cons-barrels are knocked over easy and sink but you can dive down and get them, companions tend to walk off the edge and go for a swim and can be easily mistaken for lakelurks
location: Lake Mead near the underwater B-29 bomber (I think thats what its called)
0 0

skillfuldemon answered:

HMMM well there good springs novac the strip free side any old abandoned house makes good storage but i wouldn't leave it there for more then a few hours but sorry the only safe house ive gotten has been wooo a room or two with a bed damn you bethesda your games great but storing important equipment is impossible why bethesda why oh well back to repairing and fixing.
0 0

zer0knowledge answered:

I have the guide and have some info on houses, but i dont read the walkthroughs so i can't give you the spoilers on this stuff. There is the Novac rental and the penthouse that Mr. House gives you. Besides that the casinos will comp you a room if you have collected 75% of their maximum win amount. Finally, there are four safehouse given by four of the other factions in the game. the safehouses will also supply bodyguards to patrol your house for you. The only residence that you are allowed to decorate like in FO3 is the one Mr. House gives you. All of this info I learned in the "surviving hardcore" section of the guide. That's why i can't explain more. I hope I was able to help. --z3ro
0 0

Reaperhunter127 answered:

There are no houses in the game for you to have they only give the lucky 38 suite which you can actually modify with different item but nothing else and by the way to get to the strip you need to enter freeside first and have at least 2,000 caps on you.
0 1

fritz7777777 answered:

i keep my stuff in the el daro motel just north of camp McCavern, so far, it hasn't dissapered
0 0