Question from adventloki

How do I firebomb the vent in Vault 22 in "There Stands the Grass" w/o dying?

I've tried everything, wracking my brain. Any help?

From: isdah187 4 years ago

That does work, but actually there is also a small room right near the vents, (where you get the data from) in which you can just toss a grenade and close the door right after, its what i did, and it was easier, at least for me. (Easy to spot as there is no plants or anything in it, unlike basically every other room/corridor)

Nevermind, actually got a good footing for it. The room next to the vent, there's a hole in the wall, go in a little bit and toss a grenade into the room, and book it. If you're lucky, you'll come out unscathed. Hope this helps someone.

After dying the first time I decided it would be easier to just use C4 and detonate it standing by the elevator door. Worked for me that way.

Use a combonation of two previous answers for best possible secnario. Place C-4 by vents. Go to server room. Close door. Use detonator. I did basically this my self only with a laser rifle instead of C-4 and detonator.

In the living quarters area of the vault, in one of the bed rooms theres a keycard on a dresser that opens that locked door by the vents (where you download the research data for the scientist at camp mcarran). all i did was pop the door, bounced a nade off the wall toward the vents then shut the door real quick. success

I found this a perfect excuse to use the long fuse dynamite, pretty much toss it from wherever by the vents, and can even manage to use the elevator right when it detonates. Or just fire a laser from the server room..that was the most 'inexpensive' way.