Advice on building the Ultimate all-round character?

1. any advice for:
    S.P.E.C.I.A.L loadouts
    Traits to choose
    Skills to raise and when
    Perks to choose each time I level up

p.s. I intend to play on hardcore mode as well as get all achievements

User Info: zazzoo360

zazzoo360 - 6 years ago

Answers

1. Decide by looking at the list of available perks and prerequisites in the faq.

Some things to remember:
    You get companions early - no real reason to get the Strong Back perk
    Increasing a SPECIAL attribute requires wasting a perk or spending 4K on an implant
    Luck helps you when gambling
    Need intelligence for skill points.

My current build:
    S - 4
    P - 5
    E - 5
    C -5
    I - 7
    A - 6
    L - 8

Then i get S P A implants. Agility is high so I can get "Nerves of Steal".

User Info: apuks

apuks - 6 years ago 0 1
  2. A lot of the quest achievements wont be able to be gotten on 1 playthrough, with that being said, i regretted not putting any speech skill on my charecter the second time through, there are plenty of speech challenges, all through the beginning till the end...

User Info: mrstilwater

mrstilwater - 6 years ago 0 0
  3. You absolutely want 100 speech skill by battle at Hoover Dam. weather you use mags and business suit to reach 100 or not, it avoids an ahole pounding

User Info: mrstilwater

mrstilwater - 6 years ago 0 0
  4. For me. I've put intelligent to 10 from the start, that would give u a skill point of 15 each lvl plus 2 more for the Education perk, totaling to 17 per level, if u do alot of looting then put strength at 8-9, for skills get ur repair,science and speech or barter up quick, it's good for the long run.

User Info: Zee_AzN_Blood

Zee_AzN_Blood - 6 years ago 0 0
  5. SPECIAL
    9/10 Intelligence is a must.
    1 Charisma (It doesn't help with much besides your initial speech and barter values)
    Endurance ≤ 7 (so you can buy implants)
    You also want a high Luck for crits and so you can rob all the casino on the slots for caps.
    And make sure to pick Educated and Comprehension for Perks.

User Info: berygoochance

berygoochance - 6 years ago 0 0
  6. Here is my S.P.E.C.I.A.L. for my current character.

S. 5
    P. 7
    E. 5
    C. 4
    I. 7
    A. 6 (originally 5, but I took Intensive Training to qualify for Silent Running.)
    L. 7

Aside from the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats, you also want to choose a few good generalist Perks, like Quick Draw and Rapid Reload. You will also want Educated and Comprehension. After that the choice is up to you, but I chose Silent Running to reduce the chances of being caught while Sneaking and improve the chances of getting close to enemies to make Sneak Attack Criticals. Another good choice is Confirmed Bachelor (for males) or Black Widow (for females) because many enemies are males and those Perks allow for increased damage. I also think it is a good choice to get Living Anatomy because you can see the HP and Damage Threshold of enemies, allowing you to see if you need Armor Piercing ammo or not; you also deal 5% more damage to Humans and non-feral Ghouls.

User Info: JupiterRex

JupiterRex - 6 years ago 0 0
  7. I really don't like many of the perks... I dropped strength to 4 and Intellegence got up'd to a 6 to start. Spread the other points around possibly giving Endurance a 6. Then when you level up forego the "fun" perks and give yourself a point to distribute on your specials. I upgraded Guns, Lockpicking, sneak, and Speach to 100 before dropping a point into any other catagory. I made level 30 really quickly on my first play through and I never really faced anyone that gave me a challenge. I did face off against 4 Deathclaws when I was level 10 and I just didn't go back that way until later.... anyway... hope this helps.

Of course that was just my first character. On other characters I'll try different stuff like instead of upgrading Guns I'll upgrade energy and explosive just to get the trophies/achievements

User Info: glove_dog

glove_dog - 6 years ago 0 0